Batrium: software & firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

So, in order to resolve another issue with the shunt and canbus randomness I thought I'd better check the versions.

The toolkit updater tells me I've got a newer version than current installed (how is that possible)

image_vmptxe.jpg

The firmware updater fails whilst doing the DOS teensy connect.

Comms is USB or WiFi (fails on both) - there's no internet connectivity issues.

I'll test the other recently arrived WM to see how that fares.

So, a second WM connected, FwVers 4.1 HwVers 4.2 via USB

Software tip (left hand flyout nav) tells me there's a new version available, but as before, the popup tells me I'm running a newer version than latest.

Start (app updater) tells me INFO app update has started (but progression doesnt advance.

Esp firmware also fails to connect, as with previous WM

Windows 10 pro - groaning, I suppose I better try another laptop.

Because you are running a RC version supplied by Batrium to solve some of the issues. It will be like that until the proper release is relased open to everyone.

IE: Latest public version is 30 what I can see.

(I only checked for WM1 though, Not sure if it differs)

daromer said:
Because you are running a RC version supplied by Batrium to solve some of the issues. It will be like that until the proper release is relased open to everyone.

IE: Latest public version is 30 what I can see.

It was supplied by Batrium, directly from their site, the same version as everyone else should be getting now.

I assumed I was getting the latest public release, not a RC.

wim said:
Is this a WM4 problem only ? ( if so, a mentionof the version in the op might be a good idea)

A month or three old WM4 that's been happily running for a while, and another new brand new WM4.

Same results.

mike said:
The latest public release is v31

Yep, that's what I appear to have, I don't know how they do their version control but v31 thinks v30 is the most current.

Then the autoupdater isnt updated. Il ping Jaron to look into it! Because my installs says 30 is latest on the site but on their page he published 31. So its just a mismatch then.

daromer said:
Then the autoupdater isnt updated. Il ping Jaron to look into it! Because my installs says 30 is latest on the site but on their page he published 31. So its just a mismatch then.

So what happens when you do the software update check ?

As I said I can see V30 on WM1. Thats the latest set out on the autoupdater as it looks.

daromer said:
As I said I can see V30 on WM1. Thats the latest set out on the autoupdater as it looks.

Cheers, I though that's what you'd said :)

Mine is throwing the same message.

Haven't hooked it up to wifi yet, but I got USB working after some jiggerh pokery.

Background the software/firmwarereleases are dependant on the version of hardware that you are running
  • Watchmon1 - stable (production) release 1.0.30
  • Watchmon4 - stable (production)release 1.0.31
For public releases we are trying to group them into3-6 month scheduled updates to be less disruptive to our customers.
There are 3 stages to eachrelease:
  1. Alpha - (Release Candidates) these should only beused when instructed by Batrium staffto test new functionality.
  2. Beta - released several weeks priorto live (production) toevaluate stability and any unexpected issues, this is targeted for earlier adopters
  3. Live - the stable production version available
Currently we are working on 2.0.6 (RC6 for short)with new features and fixes. Howeverit is not quite ready, weare working on a important issuewith the shunt lockupreported from 1.0.32RC3, thatis taking time to resolve. The Shunt lockups occurs after+30 hours. On our test bench we have several Watchmonsupervisors all at different operating durationsto ensure we solve this. Once resolvedI can push out RC6 for the very early adopters.

New options within the software update in 2.0.6
BETA release

image_rsnnax.jpg

ALPHA release

image_murjkj.jpg

Thank you Jaron, interesting and concerning.

As per my initial post, is the mismatch shown in this threads initial image expected ?

Also, the teensy update now runs, and completes - running the firmware updater appears to keep repeating the same process. Will it only complete this process is there is a newer firmware version available?

Since running the firmware update, I'm prompted that bypass testing isn't complete, but fails, as does device sync (starts but doesn't complete) stays in polled mode, collection running.

Chart only showing 1 of 12 mons.

Restarts appear to have no affect.

So, a coffee later, device sync now completes, chart reporting all mons - bypass fails on all mons (each at 4.08v 7c)

Preset version 1
Hw v 4.2
Fw v 4.1
Sw v 31

So, out with the heat gun to warm the mons slightly, results in an 11/12 bypass success - the remaining 1 has always been troublesome.

Is there a "don't run bypass test if temp is less than ?" setting ?

I'm not sure if I've made any forwards progress in the last hour with this, but perhaps these notes will help others.

You can change the temperature for the bypass test so you pass :) (I do that) With that said 7c is low temp :p

daromer said:
You can change the temperature for the bypass test so you pass :) (I do that) With that said 7c is low temp :p

7c is still tee shirt weather here.

I'm returning home today wondering if the batrium firmware update Is now out as will be putting powerwall back into service tomorrow

ardenking5 said:
I'm returning home today wondering if the batrium firmware update Is now out as will be putting powerwall back into service tomorrow

I've heard/seen nothing ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back