Newb question.

bobbolch

Buildingmy e-bike so joined this forum because I was looking for reasonably priced power :D , inspiredme so much my next project will be a power bank. :cool: My Question, i'vestarted trying to get my hands on 18650 cells. I'ver refurbed an oldpowabyke.battery pack is all but gone so I thought strip it down to play with cells testing and sorting just to learn really. I am currently runningthe bike on 36V old pack from a balance board. Now the Balance board pack has its own charging circuit with a BMS understand that just apply 42v the pack takes care of itself, way to go that'show I will build mynew pack! I ordered some cheap BMS off ebayagain to play with. Now, when I come to strip down the old powabykebattery pack, nothing just the batteries connectedin seriesto make up 36v. Striped down a new Bosch 18v same thing. Is there some clever charging circuit or what? I guess when building a power bank you need as much protection as you canget but what about e-bike packs, whats the difference?

image_guvtmq.jpg

5buBZMKeJZgapTGsbGzKf said:
So you dissasembled a e-bike battery pack and there is no circuit board inside? Sounds strange.

How will you remember that login!

Both should have a circuit board inside - they'll drift out of balance & fail early if not.
Measure all the cell voltages & let us know what they are!

Back