Dennis' 14s200p x 2.

WuggyBuggy

Hello guys...

25-01-19
All cells tested. Starting to design my packs. My minimum cell voltage will be 3,25v and max is 4,09v. Batrium setting will be at 4,1v. The average is then 3,67v which result in 50,5kW powerwall.

The build will be in a rack (Check pictures). I got the ABB S5N from US. Pretty good deal, so I can shut down the batteries, just as an extra precaution.

Anyways, here is some pictures of the progress.

Shelf's for my battery packs: Will be mounted in a rack (Like Average Joe, but higher) The 30x30mm are aluminum. The shelf is from Legrand, and isa metal sheet made for cables mounted on a wall. The aluminum i got from Motedis.German site, also in english. Good fellow.

image_vtwvqd.jpg

This is how my battery packs will look like. 7x6mm2 wire in each Anderson plug. Let's do some math. 6mm2 is equivalentof 9/10 gauge. Let's say 10, just to be sure. When you put that into the gaugeCalculatorit equals 5 gauge. So the two rows on the side of the batteri is 5 gauge (16.8mm2)and the three middle once are 7 gauge (10.6mm2)

5 gauge / 16,8mm2 can do 79A.
7 gauge / 10,6mm2 can do 60A.

Sothe Anderson is rated for 175A, but I use one for plus side and one for minus side. I've found some cheap 35mm2 high flex cable. Which I use for my first 2 14s. S if I expand to 3 x 14s i will go down in mm2 and in plugs. Because I will limit the power to each pack to 65-70A (Approx) Also went with another design, check that out further down.

image_dwctbw.jpg

Testing batteriers:

image_yvifvd.jpgimage_ukvlqi.jpg

90 kilos a few weeks ago:

image_luzpqf.jpg

Home made tp4056 rail:

image_mbcwep.jpg

Power (Almost done) for rail:

image_xnhule.jpgimage_lpgtyf.jpgimage_vpouuj.jpg

Power box for 10x Liitokala

image_eomdwp.jpg

image_uhbpcj.jpg

New stack of batteries, think I'm set on batteries now (28-10-18):D

image_ogvdfw.jpg

image_pucwuo.jpg

Not cheap, but I just bought one of these:
ABB 160A DC breaker
It's a 160A DC-breaker (actually built for high voltage DC solar arrays) with what seems to be a shunt trip. Mine is still underway, so we'll see...
Looks like you've make quite the start on your powerwall, keep it up!

Looking good. I can remember those days not so long ago, charging 9 x 18650s as I only had two chargers. Slow process but you will see the benefit when you finish testing them all and find the bad cells. Good luck. 200P ... nice :D

wimpie007 said:
Not cheap, but I just bought one of these:
ABB 160A DC breaker
It's a 160A DC-breaker (actually built for high voltage DC solar arrays) with what seems to be a shunt trip. Mine is still underway, so we'll see...
Looks like you've make quite the start on your powerwall, keep it up!

Ahh, nice mate. I'll take a look at it. But I'm starting to realize that these breakers arent cheap. Unless you get a used one.

lordxenu said:
Looking good. I can remember those days not so long ago, charging 9 x 18650s as I only had two chargers. Slow process but you will see the benefit when you finish testing them all and find the bad cells. Good luck. 200P ... nice :D

I hope! :D Let's see how many good cells I have when I'm done testing. :D Might upgrade on a later time.

collinkoolen999 said:
nice keep it up!
what kind/model of battey packs are your recycled cells from?

Hi collins.

I've gotapproximately300 kilo of reused laptop batteries. And i got a auction for 270 kilo of used e-bike batteries. So have ALOT of low capacity batteries. Pretty many bad once among those laptop batteries.

Ripping those nikkel strips off E-Bike batteries, while watching HP powerwall and DIY tech and repair!

image_srownw.jpg

I like the racks for sure! :)

That's awesome man

Cleanup in isle 4, isle 4 - you'll need a big bucket and a mop!

LEDSchlucker said:
Your busbars look amazing!
Can't wait to see a finished pack...

Thanks man! Just saw a big blury picture, will change that with a good one soon.

hbpowerwall said:
Cleanup in isle 4, isle 4 - you'll need a big bucket and a mop!

Well I would call it isle 1, only got one! Tissue might be enough? That electric blue... Mmmm

Back