Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JDEADMAN'S home powerwall build
Brick 
Well it's about time I posted about my new plan.

I'm building a home wall to work towards using less from the Grid and basically playing.   In my other build I built a camp powerwall of sorts in a 7s configuration.  For the home wall I'm still debating on going 48v or stay with 24.  

But that will come later when I finalize my inverter choice.

But for now I'm still processing a huge pile of 18650 that i got off a guy from one of the Facebook groups that lives about 5 hrs from me in the states.

I picked up 282 lbs of cells!  Ornabout 128kg mostly processed.   I figure about 2800 cells.

So I then picked up 3 of the newer opus testers (bt-3400) and immediately modded them with fans blowing in the bottom to remove the heat from inside the case and to cool the cells .  

So far from what I collected before the big haul I had processed about 600 cells.   Now I'm up to 1100 tested and that let me use repackr to organize the first 24 packs of 14s40p.   

I chose 40p as I like to be modular with my systems as I learned in building my camp wall.   Where I used 8p holders and attached those in parallel with 6 others to get my 56p overall.   This lent itself well for any issues with a single pack I could just pull that one small pack out with the walk running and I had a couple spares to put in place 

So I will have something similar for my home wall.   I just need to decide 7s or 14s

I'll update this thread as I go along .
Cherry67, Haslero, hbpowerwall And 7 others like this post
******Hi My name is Jason and I have SOCD (Solar Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)*******
Current Powerwall - 1400 Cells 7s200p (modular 40p packs) ~ 12kWh of storage     4x 315W Canadian Solar Panels

Working on the next 7s40p packs     ~2.5kWh

Waiting on 2000 Cells of unused Sony vt4 (2000mah 30A) ~ 15kWh      hehehehehe  More Power
MAN! this is too funny.
I am using the exact same egg boxes to hold my cells before and after testing. What are the odds of that?
Ibiza likes this post
lol I got those from that Guy in Minnesota! Too funny

But Wow I gotta say organizing the cells from RepackR and re wrapping cells is the most tedious part of this process. Back to making them look good today!
chuckp and hbpowerwall like this post
******Hi My name is Jason and I have SOCD (Solar Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)*******
Current Powerwall - 1400 Cells 7s200p (modular 40p packs) ~ 12kWh of storage     4x 315W Canadian Solar Panels

Waiting on 2000 Cells of unused Sony vt4 (2000mah 30A) ~ 15kWh      hehehehehe  More Power

There first 2 sets of 7s40p packs.   Now to sort out the bus bars.   I already have been using twisted 14awg house wire.   For my smaller packs I did 2 wires twisted together.   For the big packs I'm going to go with 3.    And 36 guage tinned copper fuse wire.
hbpowerwall likes this post

Also Big Thanks to Keith for the Holders and Electric Blue Wraps Man his stuff is shipped NOICE!!!! and Super Fast.
hbpowerwall likes this post

Just an Update,  Got 4 of the 40P Packs Soldered then I ran out of Solder Sad   but I now have some on order and will get back to it on monday (I love amazon) 

Processing Cells still   Getting up there in numbers and if I use all the cells I have I'll be just over 20Kwh   Woot!!!!!

My first 2 sets of 7 were both using cells 2000 and up.    And right now I currently have enough cells above 2000 again to make another 16 of those 40P packs   But If I include down to 1800 I can make almost 28 of those 40p packs.   and If I accept down to 1600 a MASSIVE 32 x 40P packs   WOW.

I'm using the 40P packs to be more modular and I like the way it's looking.  I've started to 3D print some pack locators for when I stack the packs ontop of each other.   

Here are some stats

wim, hbpowerwall, Wolf like this post

I'm starting to really like the look of these 40p packs.   Got the soldering done on the first 7.

Now to test each pack
Wolf likes this post

Looking good bud
jdeadman likes this post
Save 10% at Battery Hookup with code 'Powerwalls' Just enter it in checkout www.batteryhookup.com
Thanks Pete. This has been a long process and Now that I'm basically out of cells to test for now the build is a go. Next is to get my old APC back up and running and then start figuring out a proper Inverter

Looking good J,

Keep up the good work.
I like the 40p idea kind of gets you going faster as you only need 560 for a 14s40p setup.

I'm going to have to move my production indoors as its getting way too cold in the shed and I'm not going to heat it too much longer to keep it above freezing so I can charge batteries.
Hey what do you have for a 3d printer if you don’t mind me asking? Smile

Wolf
If 18 X 650 = 2200+mAh then we have power! 
May all your Cells have an IR of 75mΩ or less Smile
Last count as of 8/7/2019
Total Number of Cells Recorded and processed                 6149
Total Cells required for PowIRwall                                   2856
Total Cells ≥2200mAh, ≥80%, ≥35mΩ, ≤75mΩ, ≥4.12V   2760
For Info Google Drive
Not your average Wolf       
            Cool