Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because I can....Powerwall
Perty Smile
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Well, its been a while and have past the 1-year mark since starting this. It does not help that I keep getting side-tracked with other projects!
For anyone keen to run through the build, I have a more details series on my blog here:

Part 1 – Recycling batteries
Part 2 – Building Packs
Part 3 – Fusing and cell protection
Part 4 - Solar and Inverter install, BMS and Cabling Nearly complete.

To summarise where I'm at:
  • Batteries are in the cabinet after a manual balance.
  • Inverter/solar installed
  • BMS installed, including longmons and cabling.
  • ZJ beny Shunt Trip installed and tested.
To Do:
  • Hook her up!
If you don't feel like checking out the blog here is some pics for you good people. (Comments, tips, feedback welcome!)

]
Korishan likes this post
Fantastic work - clearly a thoughtful, serious effort. Just leave room to expand .... as once you accomplish the current layout you will surely be tempted to keep expanding Smile
Dee Bee likes this post
(01-15-2020, 03:38 PM)OffGridInTheCity Wrote: Just leave room to expand .... as once you accomplish the current layout you will surely be tempted to keep expanding Smile

Thanks mate, yea I can fit another 3 lots of batteries in similar config into that cabinet. I did think about this when finding the cabinet!