Beatha agus Sl?inte from Galway in the west of Ireland

Youngseal

Oh to have the sun to make it worth while spreading solar cells over the roof of my home...alas no...

I am dabbling in several off grid circuits to do with outdoor pir lighting, indoor tech charging and indoor hall lighting! I have 8 hobby solar panels that I am using to charge lead acid and 18650 battery packs. I am looking in to mixing solar and wind for charging batteries to power off grid circuits at present but I have no real plans to scale capacity to the extent of shifting off grid, yet.

I'm not a big fan of FB so tyvm for getting a forum up and running. I hope people use it now to reward your industry!

GMT time here!

R.

You irish fellows have an awesome accent. During the colder months, do you employ an indoor fire and if so, have you thought about thermoelectric setups to charge batteries?

Nismo nick said:
You irish fellows have an awesome accent. During the colder months, do you employ an indoor fire and if so, have you thought about thermoelectric setups to charge batteries?
I have 2 solid fuel burning stoves, I mix turf from the local bog with locally sourced wood, sticks and recycled mulched paper/cardboard bricks that are sundried behind glass, as fuel. Never thought of thermoelectric, wouldnt know where to start but I will look into it. I have also seen mini hydros that you attach to water pipes but havnt seen much discussion on the utility of their generative power output. There is a stream that borders my land, it narrows at a bridge and I have thought of a small hydro installation for several uses, not least to pump water to the home.

As for the accent, bejaysus sure amnt I always sayin dat meself! ;)

this shows what thermoelectric generators can do. you could build your own easily enough i suspect.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="
">
</a><!-- m -->

Back