Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
AJW22's modular 3d printed 40kWh PowerShelf
Small update:
Added TP-Link HS 105 Smart Wifi Plugs to the inverters, so that the Raspberry Pi can disconnect the inverters during off-peak hours when the batteries are kinda low.
XtronX likes this post
Modular PowerShelf using 3D printed packs.  40kWh and growing.
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=6458
Hi AJW,

im a big fan of your 3d printed packs. In fact I have only an anycubic i3 Mega (200x200mm base) so i decided to use your designe and make it possible to print at my printer in 2 parts. I made it a littlebit bigger (136 cells) Wink  and i'll use 2 busbars and connet only 1 cell with one fuse wire.

If someone wants my parts i can also upload step files of my version.

Some testing

Does it fit together?

A draft of to complete assembly

And now the first part is printing
ajw22 likes this post
(01-02-2020, 07:20 PM)Cover1987 Wrote: im a big fan of your 3d printed packs. In fact I have only an anycubic i3 Mega (200x200mm base) so i decided to use your designe and make it possible to print at my printer in 2 parts. I made it a littlebit bigger (136 cells) Wink  and i'll use 2 busbars and connet only 1 cell with one fuse wire.

Thanks.  Never thought of connecting parts like that.  Are you planning to glue them together?

Best to fully build and test one pack before mass producing all the parts.  Some potential issues I see:
* structural stability of joining the 2 parts, particularly with the weight of all 136 cells
* properly fix the 2 busbars (one loop?) onto the pack.  In my current design, I added anchoring holes because the busbar would move enough to rip out the fuses.

Is there a particular reason why you left space in the middle of the pack (where my one busbar would be)?
Modular PowerShelf using 3D printed packs.  40kWh and growing.
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=6458
Hi!

Im planing to glue the 2 parts together. But after the first test print the joining seems very stiff and tough. Maybe it will stay in place even without glue.
But the first complete pack will be glued. I made some good experience with some glue in an other project. And for sure, i'll test the pack first before i start printing kilos of PLA Wink

I see you had a deep look at my design Wink
I made the middel rip becaus of mirror geometry. so i can use one part for both sides.
It also has the positiv effect that i can use the gap to ziptie the busbar (im not sure if i'll make a loop bar). Maybe thats also a great spot to place a temp sensor.