dictionary add requests [ANSWERED]

DCkiwi

these are some words I use often, and I think spell correctly. getting tiresome seeing false positives for 'misspelled' words when posting or PM'ing here.

Batrium
pre-charge
precharge

I'm drawing a compete black for the other dozens I have run into, but thought it might be useful to start this thread as a place to dump stuff we bump into ... TIA Mike et al.

I find that Chrome shows a lot of words listed as being misspelled. If you know a word is properly spelled, just right click it and select "Add to Dictionary"

Korishan said:
I find that Chrome shows a lot of words listed as being misspelled. If you know a word is properly spelled, just right click it and select "Add to Dictionary"

are you saying that this site / these forms ar not using a Second Life Storage dictionary? (pls confirm)

my bad.

+1 mike.

The only dictionary being used is your browser.

is this the point where you immortalise me as asking this question by locking this thread and letting it be found by other punters who were about to ask the same question?

The budget for mods on the forum is EXTREMELY limited I'm talking doesn't exist - that said all ideas are very welcome even if they don't get implemented. They might be useful down the track incorporated with another mod to the forum. Thanks for your input DCkiwi it is welcomed.

understood, and thanks for your kind words.

I did not intend to confuse, rather I thought it prudent to save both admin time (in followups to this currently 'dead' issue.) AND to save users time in having this thread bumped over the years.

but ... if its open, then let it be open. all good.

I just go so used to everything being so custom and manicured here (like the AWESOME ads at the top of each page!!) and just assumed it must have a custom dictionary running on javascript ... but no. instead ive got a local dictionary which doesnt know a BMS from a POS ... *sigh*

Well I guess your just going to have to add these "words" to your browsers dictionary. :)
Or turn off the dictionary and go back to grammar school and learn spelling unless you got an A+ in Language arts and then I apologize. :D

Wolf

We cant do everything for the user... Correcting how people write or spell is not our task :)

Back