busbar design

kevinjaye

Hi there Kevin here from Jamaica. I am in the process of building a 7S 120P pack however I am trying to figure out the best physical layout . Could you look at it and give feedbacks thanks

image_mwdekt.jpg

Welcome Kevin.

Your picture looks GREAT to me! : )

Have a multiple of four rows is very helpful ... you can get both -ve and +ve come out at the same end of the pack. Some builders join the two fly ends on each side, but then one has to take the =ve off one end of one side, then the -ve off the other end of the other side. Guess its a style / personal choice thing.

Keep us posted -- and pictures are super too.

Thanks for your input. I plan to join the flying leads together. Do you think if I take the +ve and -ve off the same end will it affect the performance of the pack?

kevinjaye said:
Thanks for your input. I plan to join the flying leads together. Do you think if I take the +ve and -ve off the same end will it affect the performance of the pack?

yes I do think it will NEGATIVELY impact performance on this pack if ....

I literally just answered this exact question already today, on another thread. I choose to link to it, rather than make a duplicate post. If you have followup q's perhaps better on that one, as they beat you to it, today!

(but I also said that its a bit of a style thing, and lots of people dont get so pedantic as Im being)

Connect all enda instead of loop. You want as Short distance as you can

daromer said:
Connect all enda instead of loop. You want as Short distance as you can

if you are not fussed which ends you interconnect your busbars to next packs then yes, this is very good idea.

the only real advantage of the looping I can think of is if you are seeking to have both +ve and -ve ties at same end.

Back