iCharger X6

Wolf

So I finally got my iCharger X6 up and running and proceed to install the PC software the Junis Console and all worked great.

So I'm going to graph a discharge cycle and it was working great then poof the program crashed and I cannot get Junis to see the iCharger any more. Rebooted uninstalled and reinstalled makes the ding sound whenever I plug the iCharger into the usb plug says its connected etc. but Junis says no device found. Windows 10 pro.
Anybody have any Ideas?
I have done a quick look on the internet but no luck so far.

image_nyksgu.jpg

image_wfnvgs.jpg

Wolf

I had the same problem, please look carefully, Your device is already listed. Prompt says scan for new device. Try clicking on it.

If You use an SD card, the recordings are stored there and can be retrieved later, even if USB connection goes down during the cycle.

ChrisD

what chris said - i can also remote in with team viewer and take a look if need be

Thanks guys for the help and info esp. hbpowerwall if you do team view my machine I'm gonna have to hide all my..... :D
I got in touch with ProgressiveRC where I bought it from and they suggested to try another PC which I did.
Same results loaded the Junis software, dingwhen plugged in and no device found when searching for new devices.
ProgressiveRC has given me a case# and I am sending it back for them to check itout.
If they don't find a problem I will be back in touch. I am an IT guy so I do have some knowledge on how this is supposed to work.
but that doesn't mean I can't overlook the obvious. :huh:

So thanks for your responses and I will get back to you with the results and if I need more assistance.

Wolf

Click the blue bit once it's connected - Note: Mine isn't connected atm

image_edjywq.jpg

Now, that we are trying out last resorts, have You installed the USB driver located on the CD?

I am not sure it helps, but try anyway, nothing to loose :)

ChrisD

hbpowerwall;

Well I would click on that but I didn't have that "blue bit" even with it connected.
Additionally all the menu options were grayed out.
Anyway its on its way back to ProgressiveRC for testing.We shall see.

Wolf

image_kjdnkm.jpg

ChrisD5710 said:
Now, that we are trying out last resorts, have You installed the USB driver located on the CD?

I am not sure it helps, but try anyway, nothing to loose :)

ChrisD

ChrisD

Yes I have.
Thanks though.
As above its on its way back to ProgressiveRC. Will let you know the end result.
Could be that I got the one where the USB interface just went bonkers. :-/

Wolf

Well least you'll know for sure, let us know the results

hbpowerwall said:
Well least you'll know for sure, let us know the results

I got the iCharger x6 back as ProgressiveRC found nothing wrong with it.
Iplugged it in and again had the same problem. So I looked at the readme file in the USB Folder of the CD and went to
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx

image_eojudh.jpg

Found the windows 10 driver uninstalled all the software firstand installed the new stuff and wella it works.
So thanks for all the info and help.

Case closed :D

Wolf

Upgrade to Windows 7! In all actuality that could be worth trying. Do a Win7 VM, create a USB filter so it is always passed through in case it power cycles, and see if it plays nicer in Win7. Worst case, even XP! That is of course only if it fails again.

Back