djotter project thread

djotter

So far just collecting cells, I have dismantled laptop battery packs I have collected over the years, and bought some online, total is about 200.

I plan to build a escooter or ebike once my workshop gets built (almost done!) and all the swmbo projects are done, so might be a while to go yet.

Cell list is here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dU50IPWiiPbiyJdEXYF_t91FDnK6VzU2vwkKCwHxeqg/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Bought 10kg of USB power banks and harvested 137 good cells (and about 25 duds) split in the box is above and below 1200mAh

image_wvypga.jpg

Hello and Welcome,

djotter,
Nice list you got there.
Can you elaborate what you are checking IR with and what tester you are using?
I would like to compare notes as I also have a sheeton google drive.

Wolf

Opus BT-C3100 charge test at 500mA for capacity and then quick test for IR.

My results will be skewed to higher IR as 160 of my cells were rejects I got for cheap from another user.

djotter said:
Opus BT-C3100 charge test at 500mA for capacity and then quick test for IR.

My results will be skewed to higher IR as 160 of my cells were rejects I got for cheap from another user.

No not skewed just the OPUS inaccurate IR readings. But by the mAh readings you are getting yea the cells are definitely not the brightest bulbs. :idea:

I record the right IR with a Kelvin 4 wire IR tester (very accurate)on my sheet and also the OPUS IR reading just to show how varied and way off the OPUS is.
Of course I record the LiitoKala reading also it is sometimes closer but still not accurate.
I don't use the Zanflair any more it has inflated mAh readings. I just use it to charge now.
Wolf

Back