HELLO FROM FRANCE !!!

Bodom

Hi everybody !!

I just arrived on the forum and here i am.

I quite recently started to look at power storage because in about 6 months we aremaking a big change in our life. I m 27 y.o. and after having an housetimberframe company and loads of other activities, we decided that we want to get out the "system".
I bought 6 years ago a lovely piece of land quite small (1300 m2) and now we decided to make the move. We start in july by building a timberframe house of 70 m2 just for us two, on tyre foundation with a total cost of 15 000 this include the frame, the insulation, the electric, plumbing, roofing, kitchen units, fully fitted bathroom ... a finished house really :)

And this is only the beginning of the project... next is 2 "gites" (holliday renting place) in strawbale construction and we are starting a full permaculture design on the plot with veg, fruit mushrooms bees medicinal...

As we are not going to work any more we have to drop all our cost and thats why/how i found this amazing forum tonight.

We are starting to look at solar power and wind tubines (vertical axes) and of curse you know where i m going.... batteries... but my concern is... i know loads in building industry, i ve built with my partner 5houses doing from foundations to the boring painting... but i know nothing about solar pane, turbines and batteries...

im looking for different things here... either to learn from scratch this new area of knowledge, or with one of you to exchange time/work, as we are going to some woofing and some work aways to learn more about permaculture and beekeeping arround at list europe but quite happy to go further.

I ll be very happy to anwser any question and dont worri iwill be posting my questions, this is my first :

What do i need t stay of grid ?
First stage is to have power to construct my house
Second is to run the house
Third is to run the 2 gites

Help please...

Adrien.
Ps : sry for some bad english, im french afterall..

Welcome. There are lots of options listed here. Best thing to do is have a look around as there are more than one way to do a battery/solar/wind systems. once you have had a look ask questions and decide on a method/cost level you want to go. There are many here who have loads of knowledge

Welcome!

I also sugest to look at some other systems

Its a bit hard to answer your questions since it vari alot :)

But to get power you would need for example solar or wind. Do you have open land with no trees? Do you live in an area with alot of wind?
You would most likely be able to cope with a couple of panels, A smaler battery bank and an inverter.
But once again. How much load do you plan to have and do you want to have power 24/7.

/D

Back