Thanks for this Forum - Electric Kart almost complete!

garolittle

This forum was very helpful as I started a go kart project about a year ago. I can not express how greatful I am for the free advice. I became so fascinated with electric Go Karts that I actually started a business.

VenomKarts.com.

For safety reasons, we are going with 48 volts and Nissan Leaf batteries instead of the Tesla-style 18650 batteries.

Here are the specs. Go kart to be finished by March 31, 2019.

BATTERIES: 7 Nissan Leaf battery modules (7.8V each) connected in series for 54V nominal (approximately 58 amp hours). The picture of the go kart frame shows the proposed placement of the battery modules (4 on one side and 3 on the other side).

BATTERY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (BMS): Orion Jr. BMS with pre-wired CANBUS harness, voltage tap harness, shunt resistor (500A) and basic analog display

MOTOR: Motenergy ME0708 Permanent Magnet Direct Current (DC) Motor, 48V, 8 hp cont, 15 hp pk (300 amps max/150 amps continuous)

CONTROLLER: Alltrax SR-48300 48V/300A. The charge controller would go in front of the driver (under the steering wheel).

WIRING: 4 AWG gauge wire to/from charge controller, motor, and battery pack

THROTTLE: EZ-GO Pot Box

CONTACTOR:
Gigavac GV200QA-1 48V 500 Amp

Stay tuned for more updates.

Nm

Korishan said:

Trying to find Nm now. Here are some other motor specs...

- 150 amps continuous at 48V (300 amps for 1 minute)
- Capable of 4.8 KW continuous and 15 KW for 1 minute.

Power: 8 cont-- 15 pk hp
Voltage: 48 Volt rated
Speed: 3700 rpm @ 48V unloaded

NM = Nevermind ;)
I posted a comment that turned out to be irrelevant for this thread because I thought it was a different one. Replying via cell isn't always easy :p

Lol. I thought you were asking what the newton metre of torquel (NM) was on my electric motor. I was embarrassed that I actually did not know. LOL. Hope you been doing well Sir.

garolittle said:
Lol. I thought you were asking what the newton metre of torquel (NM) was on my electric motor. I was embarrassed that I actually did not know. LOL. Hope you been doing well Sir.

LOL :p Yes, things are mostly good here. Though, we could do without the excessive rain we've been getting. But ohwell, we can't control the weather.

Back