Camthecams 60p7s victron

camthecam

Hey. I finally got enough batts to replace a handfull that that failed the sitting around test (sub 4) anyway prepped some busbars which got me thinking about fusing on the negative side only to avoid spitzen sparken errors at the pos end. Got a second hand older 24-2000-50 victron. I dont have windows so reprogramming is a nightmare (downloading parallels and a dodgy windows x) then find out the victron needs to be powered from batts so back to dipswitch settings... anyway nearly there!

image_xxiudy.jpg

camthecam said:
Hey. I finally got enough batts to replace a handfull that that failed the sitting around test (sub 4) anyway prepped some busbars which got me thinking about fusing on the negative side only to avoid spitzen sparken errors at the pos end. Got a second hand older 24-2000-50 victron. I dont have windows so reprogramming is a nightmare (downloading parallels and a dodgy windows x) then find out the victron needs to be powered from batts so back to dipswitch settings... anyway nearly there!image_xxiudy.jpg

i dont know whow you gone use that victron but for a powerwall i think you have not that many cells and if i do a math : 2000 watts / efficiency 95% is 2105 watts divided by 24v is 87,7A divide by the amount off cells (60) = 1.46A so that seems a bit much for one cell for the long run.

i try to keep the discharge under 400ma per cell.

but ofcourse is it just to diliver some power to tools then it shall not be a problem

Im going to limit charge to 30 amps and its going to run a fridge. Start up current compensated by 2000va (actually 1800) the fridge is 200w when operating. Then when I get some more cells.....

I am building a shelf from found pallets and leftover cement sheet from the side of my house. Hopefully that makes it a bit fire proof! A bit rough but ill fix it up.

image_nnzwfc.jpg

image_rqjbhw.jpg

Update for the hell of it... my god! Soldering is bloody boring and Ive only got 420 cells! Getting the packs down to 4v before I install.
image_ifiuqz.jpg

image_rloiur.jpg

Yay, got it going. Get three nights out of batt running the fridge. My 60amp breaker pops on charging so getting some proper ones (noark) cant program the victron as wine doesnt find the usb... charging with my power supply until breakers arrive. The fan in the Victron is very loud.
image_ebcpbe.jpg

LOL I swear, that image looks like it was done in some 3D program :p

I'm guessing it's just the lighting and camera used. On my monitor it looks like a super-realistic 3D game. In either case, nicely done ;)

I finally got to program the Victron with my sisters old laptop. what a journey. So my charge rate is 15amps so the fan doesn't come on. Yay.
Bought the kids retro pi on a 3 B+. might run Venus on it.

Victron has a ton of open source stuff. Nothing to manage your hardware? They're on my short list of inverters because of their open source support. And yeah, Wine doesn't do USB pass through like Virtualbox would.

Back