Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY 18650 20 bay Arduino managed Charger
(04-02-2019, 02:28 AM)Oz18650 Wrote: If no one else posts before, I will try to look at this for you tonight (Sydney time).

Thanks OZ appreciate it.
YOLO is wrong, You live every day. You only Die once so it should be YODO. Angel
On my one, it defaults to 2.5v cutoff each time power is applied.
2 buttons cycle this cutoff value up and down (by .1v per button press) and the third button starts the test.
Does that answer what you wanted to know?
Is there anything else I can help with?
Thanks OZ that is both good and bad.

the 10 I have here default to 11.5v each time power is applied. I have 10 more on their way and I dont doubt they will be different.
Somewhere I have read these can be "Calibrated" and i think its possible if it calibrated when set to 2.5v that becomes the new "normal" setting.
I need to read up a bit more on the calibration aspect if I can find it again.

Cheers Mike.

If anyone else has input I be happy to hear it.. Again Thanks OZzy.
YOLO is wrong, You live every day. You only Die once so it should be YODO. Angel
You are welcome.
I think you must be automating pressing a button to start the test?
Can you not press a different button several times first to set the cutoff voltage?
Yeah, I press the 3rd button to set cut off voltage but they all start at 11.5v

Once that is set to 2.8v I hit OK and off it goes... maybe its the way I am operating it?
I might have the wrong idea of what you are trying to achieve.
I think you are trying to automate the switching from charging with a tp4056 to capacity testing with a hw586. Is that correct?
If so, how are you starting the capacity test running?
I have ordered an extra one for a test pig, I am hoping a simple pulse to earth at the "OK" button will start the test.
But as I said before its not going to be worth it, IF after every test it resets the cutoff to 11.5V.

Now if I only have to set it once everytime power is applied, I could possibly live with that. You say yours starts at 2.5V after power on.. that , to me would be ideal.

Mike.

Further to above post,

I tested 4 of the HW586 and a short bridge to earth on the back of the OK button does indeed start the discharge cycle.

I was thinking it may need a couple of pulses to re-start a discharge cycle again, but that is incorrect, it will automatically reset itself when the battery goes off line. The battery positive goes off line when the relay switches back to the TP4056 to recharge. So that makes the system simpler.

Mike.

(04-02-2019, 09:52 PM)Oz18650 Wrote: I might have the wrong idea of what you are trying to achieve.
I think you are trying to automate the switching from charging with a tp4056 to capacity testing with a hw586.  Is that correct?
If so, how are you starting the capacity test running?

Yes indeed I am. x 20 in fact.

each of the 20 standard bays are set up in this manner:-

Cell holder > Reverse polarity circuit > INA219 current sensor > Arduino controlled relay > swaps between HW586 and TP4056.
 Twenty of those in a row.
The arduino reads all 24 INA219's (more about the extra 4 later) Then, using a Brilliant fully customisable GUI Software called MegunoLink  It displays all the INA219 info on the screen as well as monitoring temps sensors in a different section of the unit.
The arduino also scans for empty Cell holders and faulty Cells. The GUI even writes the raw and specific messages to file for later viewing.

Mike.
So are you adding something to press a button on the hw586 to start it testing?
It needs a button pressed for testing to start.
If so, can you add the same type of "button presser" to the other button/s to set the voltage cut off?
Nope just getting the Arduino to puls a pin to ground to start
What does "pull a pin to ground" actually do?