Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bms or pcm what is the diffrence?
ok have started assembling some 12s packs for a 12s4p set electric skateboard and thought maybe get some battery protection . Well BMS's are everywhere but i found this site http://bestechpower.com/384v12spcmbmspcb...tterypack/ and they call them power contol modules.... now i'm confused what the diffrence is?
Pcm generally stands for protection circuit module but it can be much more. Bms is just battery management system or monitoring system. Same there... u need to defi e whats included and in general a typical bms contain all from 1 to 100 functio s Smile
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
ah that makes sense now . when they were stating current draw ect of 100 amps i was wtf. now i see if you pull much it will shut down the battery to the device. thanks for clearing that up
Several names or acronyms for same things in general. But its important to dig into what they do include in sens of functions and functionality and how versatile they are and what kind of settings you can set Smile
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh