Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is MakeSkyBlue MPPT solar worth it?
(04-15-2019, 11:49 AM)Wolf Wrote: I have 3 of them and they are working great for me.
Tracking seems to be pretty quick and I am happy with them so far.
The only thing is they don't talk to each other so even though they are set up the same there is always one that will take the lead.
That should change once I am Li based instead of Pb The 40A one is for a 12V 650Ah AGM battery set and the 50A ones are for my 48V 250Ah Pb deep cycle battery bank picture taken in the afternoon 4.25 PM overcast.

On a good day I can get quite some amperage out of them. I bought them twice the rating that I needed Just because they are chinese.

To be able to use heavier wire with the 2 contacts rater than run 2 wires I used a round terminal end and cut the end off to give me 2 spades to slide in and tighten.

Wolf

Hi Wolf,
I was looking for reviews on MakeSkyBlue CC and you nail it, Im curious on this CC, because manual say that to charge 48v battery should a PV input 70-110v, and I see that your PV input 50-52v
So I can use this tis CC with my PV input of 60-66v my furute 14s Li Battery ?

Thanks and sorry to bring this old threat up Smile

Cheers from Panama
CG
(07-15-2020, 03:11 PM)507PowerWall Wrote: Hi Wolf,
I was looking for reviews on MakeSkyBlue CC and you nail it, Im curious on this CC, because manual say that to charge 48v battery should a PV input 70-110v, and I see that your PV input 50-52v

Cheers from Panama
CG
@507PowerWall
Unfortunately you are looking at the wrong screen of the MakeSkyBlue. That is the Battery voltage.
In this pic the Battery V is in red boxes and the Array V in the yellow boxes.
My main arrays (2 and 3) max out at ≈100V each with no load as when either it is early in the morning or the batteries are full.
While charging and good sun they run around 80V to 90V.
Array 1 is just a shed array that powers a 12V system for the cooling fans, lights etc.
Also a screenshot of current conditions.

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Sad 
(07-15-2020, 04:49 PM)Wolf Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 03:11 PM)507PowerWall Wrote: Hi Wolf,

Cheers from Panama
CG
@507PowerWall
Unfortunately you are looking at the wrong screen of the MakeSkyBlue. That is the Battery voltage.
In this pic the Battery V is in red boxes and the Array V in the yellow boxes.
My main arrays (2 and 3) max out at ≈100V each with no load as when either it is early in the morning or the batteries are full.
While charging and good sun they run around 80V to 90V.
Array 1 is just a shed array that powers a 12V system for the cooling fans, lights etc.
Also a screenshot of current conditions.

Wolf

Oh Oh Oh, Thanks !

My Panels are 30-36 Voc and my inverter GTIL will be 90v Max,
So I cant series 3 panels because will be more than the max allowed by the Inverter....

so... Im thinking get or get a MPPT that charge when V is above of the batt voltage..
or 
series the 2 30v panels with one of a lower voltage so I can be within boundaries....

my setup is Solar -> Batt -> MPPT GTIL.... and when battery is full It will pulling 100V to the GTIL...

or it will read the lower voltage source which is the Battery with 48v and not the 3x36v from PV ?

I hope I explained myselff appropiately  Big Grin

CG.
(07-15-2020, 06:23 PM)507PowerWall Wrote: Oh Oh Oh, Thanks !

My Panels are 30-36 Voc and my inverter GTIL will be 90v Max,
So I cant series 3 panels because will be more than the max allowed by the Inverter....

so... Im thinking get or get a MPPT that charge when V is above of the batt voltage..
or 
series the 2 30v panels with one of a lower voltage so I can be within boundaries....

my setup is Solar -> Batt -> MPPT GTIL.... and when battery is full It will pulling 100V to the GTIL...

or it will read the lower voltage source which is the Battery with 48v and not the 3x36v from PV ?

I hope I explained myselff appropiately  Big Grin

CG.
OK If I understand you correctly.
Are your panels going directly to the GTIL? if so then yes 2 in series.

If your panels are going to the charge controller (MakeSkyBlue) then 3 series is good. The charge controller will then charge the battery to 57-58V and the GTIL will feed off of that.
I would not recommend using different voltage panels in series. All series strings should be the same Voltage. If you have another set of lower voltage panels those get put together in series but with another charge controller.

Your setup should be Solar-> MPPT-> Battery -> GTIL
Your solar panels x 3 is ≈ 100V that goes to your MPPT it will reduce the Voltage to 58V or whatever you set it to. The GTIL will gladly take that 58 Volts and turn it into 120V AC.

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
(07-15-2020, 07:51 PM)Wolf Wrote: Your setup should be Solar-> MPPT-> Battery -> GTIL
Your solar panels x 3 is ≈ 100V that goes to your MPPT it will reduce the Voltage to 58V or whatever you set it to. The GTIL will gladly take that 58 Volts and turn it into 120V AC.

Wolf

You are the man!Thanks for straight this one out....
Im close to me proy thank to you and all experienced guys here!
CG.