Kobalt 80v 2.0 Ah

Chablism

I picked up 3 of the above batteries for free. Looks like they are commonly used for lawnmowers and leaf blowers,

Toredown 2 batteries to reclaimthe cells.

The third looks to be fully functional, but I have not charger to verify.

It has been holding 80v for three months, so I decided to think about not tearing it down.

did a test and the 80v is enough to run as standard incandescent bulb. It would not power a florescent bulb.

I was veryhappy to see it the 80v would power aLED style bulb.

I am thinking about putting this battery in by shed as a power source with a standard wallswitch andstandard A19 screw inLED bulb.

Are there any issues to run 80v DC into a bulb instead of AC?

Using a 6W (25hr Run Time)or even 3W (50hr run time)bulb is this even something I should consider?

It would seem to me I would get good usage not converting over toAC and just staying with DC direct from the battery and charge the battery twice per year.

Just be carful with the voltage, and as we just discussed Fuses on DC hold in mind that the switching capability of fuses and switches is lower for DC than for AC.
Bad luck if your switch wouldn't switch....

I will go look for the thread you mention. Some of the power tool batteries have fuses, but I had not given much consideration for how the fuse from a 19 v tool would work in a 80 v setup even though I was only pulling 6 W. Would a light switch from EU be a better option given they run 240?

Chablis_m said:
I will go look for the thread you mention. Some of the power tool batteries have fuses, but I had not given much consideration for how the fuse from a 19 v tool would work in a 80 v setup even though I was only pulling 6 W. Would a light switch from EU be a better option given they run 240?

I dont think that alone is good. Even the well known "Knitter Switch" goes 3-6 A for AC, but i doubt what it is for use at 48 V DC.
https://www.smdv.de/products/217139...-Ein-Aus-Ein-IP67-rastend-0-rastend-1St..html

Look for the specs of the switch you use, should be defined.
The flat car fuse is (only) 40 Volts DC, i was alittle surprised.

Back