Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "Virtual Battery" for Mobile Home usage
As promised I will describe circuit and Plan of my bidirectinal converter.

I suggest you guys will ask and discuss about it, so i will transfer this building description to a separate thread in electrical section, You all Know his section is for concepts, not for discussions.

Since i had put the first ideas of this issues already in a thread there, i will continue there with the converters building details :
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread...4#pid68744

I might add, belonging to this section, that the first build is still working in my mobile home, now during one year.

1st Build:

Size: 10s18p (three bicycle packs in parallel)

Electrics battery:  36 V 52 Ah nominal  (limited to 4.0 v/cell it is about 46 Ah) Since it is used cells, it might be a bit less

Electrics converter: max 12 Amps Up direction. max 10 Amps low direction. Load voltage 12.8 V, Boost voltage 13.2 V (and higher)

Cycles: The systems has supplied close to 20 kWh to the car, so might be the aequivalent 10+ full cycles.

The second build i did for a friend of mine, which builds a small Mobile home based on a 24 V Car system:

2nd Build

Size: 10s12p (currently two bicycle packs in parallel, possible upgrade to double))

Electrics battery:  36 V 24 Ah nominal  (Llmited to 4.0 v/cell it is about 22Ah) Since it is used cells, it might be a bit less

Electrics converter: max 5 Amps Up direction. Max 7 Amps low direction. Load voltage 25,6 V, Boost voltage 26.2 V (and higher)

Cycles: The build is just ready and will start operation next year.
1 kWp in Test
4 kWh battery target - plus Mobile Home battery
Ultra low cost
Electronics ? No clue. Am machinery engineer.