building my PerformanceWall

Vdub_nl

Iam gonna build my own big battery (what else should you expect on a forum like this ;) )

I have already purchased a bunch of spacers for 18650 batteries..

image_piqbnj.jpg

Ive browsed/read some topics here and see al lot of (normal?) batterychargers.

At this moment i own 12Solarpanels which provide ~3000W per hour, for example it gathered more than 18kW today.
Which size of pack should i build for my house? Is there a standard rule for, it's not my intension to deliver power back to the grid(for money)
I saw 24v and 48v and there pro's and cons..

What will happen on a day like today with 18-25kW Solarpower with for example with a 5kW battery, where's the rest of the power going to? Does a BMS direct the power o the grid?

We use ~230V at 50Hz here in the Netherlands

Bms only manage the battery. you need a hybrid system that can backfeed the grid. They cost more and you need approval to run Them since they are grid tie. You can take a look at My system as example

Thx for your answer, iam going to read your topic.

At this moment the panels/system is feeding the grid when i don't use all the power so i think i can just place the battery between the inverter and the grid?

Only IF the inverter is made for battery. Of not you have to rebuild it and in worst case swap out all electronics

Vdub_nl said:
At this moment the panels/system is feeding the grid when i don't use all the power so i think i can just place the battery between the inverter and the grid?

If you have a recent SMA, Fronius or ABB inverter your existing system can remain as is - unless you want to limit the maximum outputof your system to that of the battery connected inverter the new system will be connected parallel to your existing, supplementing/minimisinggrid usage.

Back