Battrium group buy

Darmok

Who would be interested in a battrium group buy?
Please post in this thread if you are interested.

Starter Kit: WatchMon + Shunt 375A + 14 x Longmon
Regular price$788.18 AUD

Hopefully if we get enough numbers we could get a better price.

Question is: Where do you live and to what area? The shipping cost can eat up alot.

I could potentially buy in a larger quantity to my company and resell but its worth nothing that im in Europe so its added tax and would only work for Europeans kind of.

It's just PCB's and connector cables plus the shunt. I'd be amazed if the lot was over 500 grams.
Daromer I'm in Western Australia.

Air bag worldwide would cost max $20 USD surely

Usually on this kind of purchase I would expect the saving to be approx 30% and would come in after 6 kits.

@daromer

any experiences regards exporting to germany? but keep in mind i will most likely order in a year or so, stepdad has to get solar panels and stuff first

I'm staying neutral on this one, Group buys never work!

Im in NYC and definitely getting atleast 1 set watchmon, 7-14 longmon, shunt.

As for the group buy maybe we could negotiate a discount in return for videos with various setups, they do seem to like that.
@daromer's video is on their homepage

Thank you all for your enquiries about our BMS system. To date we have not seen the volumes to justify group buys to individuals in different countries.Witheach enquiry we have yet to hear 2 projects that have adopted the same parts, each has been quite different.

We have found that thekey to a successful BMS implementationhas beentheinstallers who provide extra assistance. Currently we are open to parties who could fulfil that servicewhilst supplying our product.Maybe this will enableseveral people to work together.

Part of the process is looking beyond the BMS at the whole ESS (energy storage system). ABMS needs to be sized accordingly and have the ability to inform other components to react and keep the system safe.Battery location, enclosure, climate, cells, inverter (load), charger, duty cycle and expectations are all important considerations. Ideally all your components should work in harmony together, it is our preference that prior to purchasing a BMS some investigation is done to avoid a mismatch.

We believe in the roots of the DIY community and continue to develop our products and services. The best way to help is purchasing our kits so that we can reinvest in making them even better.

The best way to contact us is via email
cheers,
Jaron

Hey Jaron, what volume would you need ?
I was proposing spec the above battrium kit for use on a 14 series 48v Lithium Ion 18650 system, clean and straight forward.
Between Daromer and Peter plus the rest of us I thought we could handle most technical questions.

Its jaron :)

Perhaps I should not say this but I do think current price is really good. The only reason I have left my BMS-build on shelf for now is that I could not compete with their (Batrium) price and how far they already have come with the development.

Darmok: "I was proposing min spec being the above kit for use on a 14 series 48v Lithium Ion 18650 system, clean and straight forward."

Im not sure i understand this sentence? They do sell such a kit in their shop. I have myself bought 2 of those so far including extra longmons.

The 14 longmon kit was suggested to standardise the order. One type of kit.

I was responding to Jaron's post where he states; group buys with all different spec systems don't work.
I believed the standard 18650 system is fairly set at 14 series packs with packs with varying cell quantities, although correct me if I'm wrong it doesn't matter if you've got 60 or 150 cells in a pack for a Longmon.

the cell count per pack is irrelevant, right.

i think there is a def. advantage for a groupbuy, if the individuals arent that far off - especially shippingcost

I thought it was clear that was what I was referencing by copy and past from the battrium site; description, kit item list and price down to the cent?
My bad I should have linked it.

@Jaron Do you guys have shipping out of the US? If not, are you interested?

Back