Hybrid inverter help

CBlack

Hey y'all!!

I am finally getting back to my project and looking for recommendations or at least a point in the right direction for good value hybrid inverter, one that I can scale up later would be preferable/if possible.

Update: currently looking to start out with a 24v system on a 60 hz power. would like to have a higher solar panel wattage to help with line loss so 48v+ and to be able to push further will smaller cables. 1k - 2k invertor to start with and if i can grow the system to have a better battery bank and solar panels, would be better

Thought and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

CB

Hybrid or offgrid? Hybrid = grid-tie + offgrid

daromer said:
Hybrid or offgrid? Hybrid = grid-tie + offgrid

Hybrid as I am in FL so I am required to maintain a connection and I am not going to build one that is enough to fully run the house but want to cut down the bill. I do work from the house and being about to float through a day or so of power outage would be great. I understand that it would be critical load only and not business normal.

CB

You are required to have a connection to the grid. You are not required to use that power.

What you could do is install a second sub-panel with a transfer switch between it and the main sub-panel and to the inverter. Then the loads you want on the inverter you hook up in the second sub. In the advent your battery runs too low, the transfer switch flips back over to the main sub. Then flip back when the battery voltage has been restored to a specific value.

Korishan said:
You are required to have a connection to the grid. You are not required to use that power.

What you could do is install a second sub-panel with a transfer switch between it and the main sub-panel and to the inverter. Then the loads you want on the inverter you hook up in the second sub. In the advent your battery runs too low, the transfer switch flips back over to the main sub. Then flip back when the battery voltage has been restored to a specific value.

That is the goal, i am not trying to go fully off grid but want to have some thing, just trying to figure out the best possible and affordable solution.

If you just want incomming to be used an offgrid inverter in most cases is enough but once again it depends on how you actually plan to hook it up. Hybrid or grid tie systems can basically send energy back to the grid and in most places you therefore need it to be approved.

In Europe thats the case for sure

Back