Compressor Airhorn

Hi as you said, you need more info, power consumption in Amps, depending of your cells max discharge rating will give you the number of minimum parallel cells. More cells = more working time too.
Aside of this it's been treated many times the fact of 3S of li-ion for 12V system, even with fully charged cells the whole voltage will be low, cars devices rated for 12V usually work at 13.8V, so 3S is low 4S is high, better 4S Lifepo to get a 12V system.

Regards

jesusangel said:
Hi as you said, you need more info, power consumption in Amps, depending of your cells max discharge rating will give you the number of minimum parallel cells. More cells = more working time too.
Aside of this it's been treated many times the fact of 3S of li-ion for 12V system, even with fully charged cells the whole voltage will be low, cars devices rated for 12V usually work at 13.8V, so 3S is low 4S is high, better 4S Lifepo to get a 12V system.

Regards

Thanks for this! Can try it safely without damaging the horn ? Or risky ?

jesusangel said:
I don't think you will damage the horn unless you apply higher voltage, more probability to damage the cells, I think the compressor will consume a lot of current, so you need a lot of parallel cells so voltage won't drop a lot.

Thanks for this, I will give it a go. Try to save myself from buying new batteries.
If not, will consider buying a different battery

I had a 12V air horn a while back (long distant youth!) & it drew about 20 - 25A so you'll need a pack, wiring & fusing capable of that.
Less voltage & current won't hurt it (unless you hold the motor stalled) - it'll just sound wheezy or like a goat bleat!

Redpacket said:
it'll just sound wheezy or like a goat bleat!

Hey, maybe he's goin for that sound! :p

Back