What to name my Powerwall

Wolf

Hello all,

After ~6 months of collecting and testing 18650 cells I have finally hit the magic number of 2800 cells all of which are ?2200mAhs and ?75m?.
So now I feel I can join theDIY-Battery-Project-Builds thread. Before I do that though I need to name my project
Since many of you have been so helpful with suggestions and advice I ask for your input on what I should name my powerwall.

As you all know I am an avid proponent of IR testing and maybe use that feature in the name.
Something like "Powerwall by IR" or "Low IR is not futile PW" or some acronym WWWoP(Wolf's Wonderful Wall of Power), IRofT (Internal Resistance of Things)etc. :D

Ienjoy working with you guys on my project "except Daromer" no just kidding :phe has many more years of experience in this than I do and I respect his opinions very much even when they don't make sense. :huh:
Cherry67 got me started on the IR idea and I followed it to the logical conclusion.
Korishancomes up with some great points very regularly.
Sean has some of that english dry tongue in cheek humor and you have to read his posts twice if not three times to get it but it is always there.
He has been very helpful in many aspects.
Mike the admin has been a great administrator and he is a busy guy.
Also all the others who read my postsjdeadman, watts-on, Oz18650, Crimp Daddy, Redpacket,Shawndoe, OffGridInTheCity,Geek,Ibiza, Bubba, chuckp, Dallski, Solardad, DCKiwi, drbacke, 100kwh-hunter, winny,Chablis_m,Overmind, friedpenguin, Nemo,etc. etc. etc. oh and occasionally hbpowerwall.

All in all I am very grateful to be part of this great worldwide community.
I will be going on Vacation to Austria in the Salzburg area on June15th till July3rd to visit my mother so after that the build will begin.
If anyone needs something from the states let me know as shipping from europe is a lot cheaper if I bring it on my flight.

So let's come up with a cool name for my powerwall. :D :D :D :D

Thanks for your help.

Wolf

The Wolf Pack! :D

Sean said:
Just call in Sean.

LOL Now you are acting like our president. Sean Tower, Sean Golf Course, Sean Beer, Sean Steaks, Sean Hotel, Sean Powerwall.
Doesn'thave a bad ring to it. :p
Tounge out of cheek.

Wolf

I was trying to help you enjoy your holiday (which you mistakenly spelt vacation) - you dont want to bespending your leisuretime fretting over what to call your contraption .....

Thinking of a name for Wolf's powerwall...

image_nnugeo.jpg

Alpha One - And thanks for the shout out

My sensible suggestion isAlessandro, hopefully not everyone will need to Google the connection .....

Wolfwall
No use complicating it :)

Sean said:
My sensible suggestion isAlessandro, hopefully not everyone will need to Google the connection .....

Ah yes Alessandro andGeorg Simon both were contemporaries at that time.
I just wonder how much Georg resisted Alessandro :p

Had to get the IR in there. :angel:

Wolf

The PowIRwall!

Nemo said:
The PowIRwall!

Then i do enhance in

Wolfs PowIRwall.

Really really nice work from you !!

Wolf said:
Hello all,

After ~6 months of collecting and testing 18650 cells I have finally hit the magic number of 2800 cells all of which are ?2200mAhs and ?75m?.
So now I feel I can join theDIY-Battery-Project-Builds thread. Before I do that though I need to name my project
Since many of you have been so helpful with suggestions and advice I ask for your input on what I should name my powerwall.

As you all know I am an avid proponent of IR testing and maybe use that feature in the name.
Something like "Powerwall by IR" or "Low IR is not futile PW" or some acronym WWWoP(Wolf's Wonderful Wall of Power), IRofT (Internal Resistance of Things)etc. :D

Ienjoy working with you guys on my project "except Daromer" no just kidding :phe has many more years of experience in this than I do and I respect his opinions very much even when they don't make sense. :huh:
Cherry67 got me started on the IR idea and I followed it to the logical conclusion.
Korishancomes up with some great points very regularly.
Sean has some of that english dry tongue in cheek humor and you have to read his posts twice if not three times to get it but it is always there.
He has been very helpful in many aspects.
Mike the admin has been a great administrator and he is a busy guy.
Also all the others who read my postsjdeadman, watts-on, Oz18650, Crimp Daddy, Redpacket,Shawndoe, OffGridInTheCity,Geek,Ibiza, Bubba, chuckp, Dallski, Solardad, DCKiwi, drbacke, 100kwh-hunter, winny,Chablis_m,Overmind, friedpenguin, Nemo,etc. etc. etc. oh and occasionally hbpowerwall.

All in all I am very grateful to be part of this great worldwide community.
I will be going on Vacation to Austria in the Salzburg area on June15th till July3rd to visit my mother so after that the build will begin.
If anyone needs something from the states let me know as shipping from europe is a lot cheaper if I bring it on my flight.

So let's come up with a cool name for my powerwall. :D :D :D :D

Thanks for your help.

Wolf

One thing to say upon that theme, people like Daromer, whether the are just experienced and critical, or even stubborn declining (which Daromer is NOT) are really necessary (and "useful" ) during diving into something new-science or technical.

Or, in other words, in developing something new you do not need somebody who knows the same, thinks the same and agrees to everything you do. That is convenient, but not helpful.

It is one of my working principle all my life in business to look for a hard contradictor, because it enforces to improve in exploring and developing your target.

In that term, Daromer (and all other helpers, if you mentioned them or not) has/have done a fantastic job, if he does like it or not :D :D .

Overmind said:
A picture of it would help naming it.

Due to the low IR all very small cells. :D

Overmind said:
A picture of it would help naming it.
As the OP I wrote
....................So now I feel I can join theDIY-Battery-Project-Builds thread. Before I do that though I need to name my project............

Since I have not started the "Build thread" and I only have just finished accumulating ~3000 good cells I do not have pictures of the build.
Therefore I was inquiring as to what to name it.
I do have pictures of the accumulated cells though.

image_qyhtrq.jpg

image_mbdene.jpg

image_bzhsmo.jpg

There are 2 more browncardboard boxes with 500 cells each hidden in another location.

Wolf

This is just unfair.

Home interieur standing on a base of cells.
A power floor ?

Those cells must have a lot of resistance if you are going to use them for brakes... :p

@Geek
I was looking for some regenerative braking to recharge the batteries.

Wolf

Back