Excel based RePackr

Nemo

Hi All,

I've noticed a few people talking about the difficulty using Repackr with large amounts of cells, so I put together an excel based version that you can download at my google drive here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1srmTktrdsLH11zkxoVVx-Y49m5V34Ug6?usp=sharing

This was a scratch-build so it may not handle available cells the same way as the real Repackr (because I don't know how it works), but it will balance very closely. I have also added the ability to set a target mAh for each pack for those of you looking to expand your walls, but wanting tomatch your existing packs. Lastly, if you put in your cell IR information it will calculate the pack IR and give you the total IR of the build.

Thanks to Wolf for sharing your Database and reviewing functionality as the build progressed!

Does not work in OpenOffice, LibreOffice or GoogleSheets. Wont run macros.

Herbi said:

No it does not hence it is called anExcel based RePackr.

Mabe there are some OO, LO, or GS gurus out there that can modify those versions to work.

Wolf

Herbi said:

Yeah, unfortunately it does require running Microsoft Office. As Wolf said if there's anyone out there that can transfer it to other platforms have at it. There's always the genuine RePackr too.

Well, it is not running on MS Office 2016 or MS 365 either. If anything I get run time error "6".

That is interesting. Just double checked by downloading the copy I posted and found a couple of bugs that might have causing the problem. Should be fixed now. Thank you for the feedback, doesn't help anyone if it doesn't work.

Can someone please confirm the new file works for them?

Nemo said:
That is interesting. Just double checked by downloading the copy I posted and found a couple of bugs that might have causing the problem. Should be fixed now. Thank you for the feedback, doesn't help anyone if it doesn't work.

Re-downloaded and found that there is still a problem.

Bubba said:
Nemo said:

Re-downloaded and found that there is still a problem.

Error Description would help. Ran some more checks and found another bug, but don't know if its the one you got. Clearly I need to beef up my error checking. I did all my initial checks with IR included and never really tested without IR data in place. Lesson Learned.

File's been updated again, any other alpha testers out there willing to download and tell me if its working or not?

Nemo,

I works great for me with or without the IR Info plugged in.
If I take out the Cell Number I then get "Run-time error 6"
But then again the Sheet was designed to have cell numbers correlated with mAh tested results.

Works great for me.

image_jzoyuw.jpg

Wolf

Ha! there's another example of me just not fully imagining how the sheet could be used. I think I can tweak it so that it doesn't depend on cell numbers, but realistically I think if people are going to try balancing this number of cells, this tightly, the cells need to be numbered and kept in an order so that each individual cell can be easily found later. Otherwise the time spent hunting and picking a particular mAh cell will be painful.

For those reading, there's a file on my google drive called "Order Box". This is my mock-up at a relatively cheap way to keep numbered cells in an order. I use cell holders to make a 10x10 grid box so each column corresponds to a multiple ofone,and each row to a multiple often,and the whole box is for a particular run of 100 cells. Its more work on the front end, but should save lots when it comes to balancing the pack because you can quickly find the exact cell number. Dividers could be made from cardboard to be cheaper, but takes more time. Cell ordering boxes could probably also be purchased, never really looked.

I also should point out that I don't believe balancing a pack this tightly is a requirement for a build. Lots of existing powerwalls are functioning just fine balanced by dividingcells into bins covering a 100mAh range and putting equalnumber of cells from each bin. This tool is for those that want to go the extra distance and tightly balance, but couldn't.

Alright, file has been updated with yet another wrinkle ironed out. Tested it with and without cell numbers, with and without IR values, for both No Target and Target scenarios. Should work? Someone give it a try and let me know.

Works for me just fine with all 3 columns or just the mAh columb.

Looks like the ironing worked :)

Wolf

Initially work with just Capacity. Then tried it again with capacity and cell Number. Worked ok.
when I added in the IR it crashed Error 11.
I re-ran without IR. and it ran ok.
replaced IR and it ran ok. So not sure why it failed the first time.

Thanks for the hard work.

Bubba said:
Initially work with just Capacity. Then tried it again with capacity and cell Number. Worked ok.
when I added in the IR it crashed Error 11.
I re-ran without IR. and it ran ok.
replaced IR and it ran ok. So not sure why it failed the first time.

Thanks for the hard work.

Thanks!

Hope it helps. If you run into any constant bugs please let me know and I'll update as needed. I'm also open to feedback on additional functionality (now that I seem to have the basics functioning...)

Does not run on MS Excel 2003. Macros still not running on OpenOffice, LibreOffice or GoogleSheets.

Runs like a charm on MS Excel 2016.

Many thanks to Nemo. Hurra!

Wow, could not have come across this at a better time! I've been numbering and cataloging all of my cells in Excel for the past year as I test them. I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to start building 14s packs. I was thinking how I could use repackr with only cell capacity to go by. I was trying to imagine how I would find a "2641 mAh" cell among 2000+ cells arranged by the cell number. I figured I'd have to either reorganize the entire collection by capacity or brush up on my Excel skills. Now I don't have to do either!

Thank you so much for extending the repackr functionality and sharing it with all of us. Very much appreciated!

I just compared the results you get from the xls to repackr using some random generated cells mha between 2000 and 2700, no IR info and used the same list in repackr and they are no the same output, the xls gives packs with a lot of difference in mha, where as the website doesent, xls different in pack is 1145mha, online 1mha so unsure whats happening, i kinda assumed you were posting to an api but im guessing you are trying to use excel to do all of it but not sure the job is good enough to be usable although really like the idea.

boysie said:
I just compared the results you get from the xls to repackr using some random generated cells mha between 2000 and 2700, no IR info and used the same list in repackr and they are no the same output, the xls gives packs with a lot of difference in mha, where as the website doesent, xls different in pack is 1145mha, online 1mha so unsure whats happening, i kinda assumed you were posting to an api but im guessing you are trying to use excel to do all of it but not sure the job is good enough to be usable although really like the idea.

Weird. Working perfectly for me.

image_jrxava.jpg

boysie said:

Yeah, I'm using excel to do the whole thing. I don't know how the original repackr works, so I came up with my own method that appeared to give me balanced results within 1mAh when I ran it. Not sure what's happening for you. Can you post a screenshot of your xls results?

Back