Batrium Bridge Connect

crud

Hi!

I am about to get the Watchmon Board and the other stuff needed.

We are currently struggling with the Bridge Connect Board and not quite sure if we really need that right now (or if the Watchmon already has everything "we need").

So the point is if i need the Bridge Connect if i'd like to connect e.g. additional tempsensors (internaland exterior) for additional control over package behavior.

And also connect additional electronics, e.g. another fan controller, Custom LED indicators or lets say some 8-digits controller to show current measurement or all the stuff you get in the Software UI. Stuff like that.

So does anyone know if this can be achieved directly with the Watchmon itself using the CANBUS or is the Bridge Connect needed for that?

And the cool thing: It states that you can program the board (using arduino ide?) NICE :)

Best

The bridgeconnect as such is there to manipulate the status data sent from the watchmon and do things. The Watchmon itself only takes care of the basic that you see in the program

The Expansionboard is to expand the normal things like the default stuff in the program. So basically the Bridgeconnect is to make it more complex and for instance take

"if statux overvoltage send on port yyy message(asdasd.asdasdda.asdasd)"

(I stand to be corrected though)

And yes I have one for integrating with the inverter to controll charge process. (Limit top voltage/charge when cells getting full.

Hi daromer,

thanks for the info! So, if i'd like or need to control other parts of the system due to a certain state of the pack (which the Watchmon will tell me),
i would need the Bridge Connect to get the information from the canbus and "do things".
Ok, guess i get it. So in the canbus scenario, the bridge connect is somewhat the command mapping interface, right?

Thats how I have thought of it, yes. You could potentially hook on and get the data your self from the Watchmon.

Bridgeconnect as such they have firmwares to be able to controll external devices already done. And perhaps they have some open source there?

Im going to ask Jaron about it so i can try to fill in some details here later on unless he beats to it and answer or if Peter knows more on how it hangs together in technical detail.

This one is good to take a look at:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1784/7177/files/BridgeConnect_guide_rev3.pdf?11534617425140506579

Thumbs up!

Thanks a lot, I just want to be sure about it. As i already have the order in place i just need to make sure if the Bridge ist the correct addon for the setup.

Thank you for getting into it!

Best

Hi daromer!

Did you have the chance to get any info about the bridge?
Just asking :)
I already mailed to Jaron a couple of days ago and hope to get a short feedback by next weeks office hours and finish the pending order.

Wedding and stuff in weekend so did not get the time i needed with Batrium. But in short the devices is to go from Canbus to any other protocoll that the watchmon cant. So thats basically what its there for :)

But for any custom stuff you need to talk to Jaron ie if you need custom connectitivity from the stuff.

Hi daromer,

didn't want to push anything! Sorry if i made that impression :-( However, if anything comes to your mind concerning the bridge device, i am thankful for that.
I think, from what i gathered, its a promising addition to the Watchmon.

Many thanks!

No worries :) Feel free to push as much as you want. I might forget it otherwise hehe

@Crud, "BridgeConnect" is the module we use to enable custom scenario's that arenot alreadysupported by WatchMon. Typically when a customer requests a specific bespokerequirement this isembedded withinBridgeConnect.An example is when a remote system to the BMS (i.e inverter/charger) does not have a canbus communication port theBridgeConnect module willinterpret the canbus messages from the BMS and send the appropriate serial or modbus messages on to the remote device. Bridge Connect is a variant of WatchMon, with both beingbased on the Teensy arduino processor.

@Batrium, thanks for the clarification! I guess it will also be a good platform to experiment with different devices/remote Systems.

So after reconsidering things about the setup, i'll go without the Bridge Connect.

When the inital setup is up and running, the bridge connect can be added afterwards when the remote equipment setup is planned.

Sounds like a plan :)

Back