Battery packs for a wall

tscott

I have access to brand new battery packs 4ah 20v. Is it feasible to leave the packs as they are and construct a wall to take the packs?

You will have to be a little more elaborate on your description of your cells. Pictures to start would help a lot

The cells are 10*INR18650-20Q - I am sorry, I should have said that the packs are drill/tool ones that have a BMS in each pack.

I was wondering why I would need to remove the batteries and rehouse if each unit could be 'added' to a wall with female sockets on it?

Thanks Tim

That would work. However, depending on the manufacturer and how the bms is used, I'd remove the bms and put a new one. Reasoning is some tool battery bms units require the tool/charger to tell them to turn on. But if your pack does not have this and you get full voltage at the outside terminals, forego that option and leave them together.

Additionally, I'd recommend putting an led on the packs connected to the bms so that if the bms fails, or it shuts down the pack, the led will light up. This may be a simple of putting the led in series with a current limiting resistor bypassing the bms (this is a guess as if this will work, but I think it will), unless it tricks the bms into not working at all.

Korishan said:
That would work. However, depending on the manufacturer and how the bms is used, I'd remove the bms and put a new one. Reasoning is some tool battery bms units require the tool/charger to tell them to turn on. But if your pack does not have this and you get full voltage at the outside terminals, forego that option and leave them together.

Additionally, I'd recommend putting an led on the packs connected to the bms so that if the bms fails, or it shuts down the pack, the led will light up. This may be a simple of putting the led in series with a current limiting resistor bypassing the bms (this is a guess as if this will work, but I think it will), unless it tricks the bms into not working at all.

Thank you!

Back