Charge Controller Load output won't turn off

rhedbatt

Hi guys i'm having a problem with my charge controller TRACER AN 3210. The loadwont turn off anymoreand no moreshort circuit protection i only used the load terminalswith1.3A load every night for 12v bulbs. Today i noticed that the 12v bulbs are flickeringand tried to turn off the load using the charge controller to checkit butthenthe controller says the load is off but still the lights areon. Tried to reset to factorysettings and still load wont turn off, i also opened and checked inside the controllerbut there is no trace of burnt components inside. I also tried to short 0.2A and0.5Afuse in load terminalsif the short circuit protection will kick in and turn off the load but still no luck.i asked my friend and he said that maybe the MOSFET controlling the load output has gone bad. what do you think?

Yeah a failed MOSFET seems likely there....
Could try figuring out which legs of the MOSFET are which & shorting between the S & G (should force the MOSFET off, if it doesn't turn off it's the MOSFET, if it does it's the control circuitry).

Back