Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Limiter inverter with RS485 load setting
These are the units (check for pricing from different sellers as they are all a bit random)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1200W-Gr...94320.html

They are only 1000W or 1200W rated units, so not the GTIL units that have been the choice for many and which is what I was originally planning to use. Will clarify what the difference really is soon.

The main benefit I saw with these was the simple RS485(232) control option, give it a number and it changes the output. Runs around 4Hz on output update rate.

Found out last night the output appears to start to de-rate below 47V input voltage.

In terms of grid compliance for connection they are problematic (no harmonics certification test for use) however the critical delay start timing can be changed to be compliant and this is the what I see as the main danger presented by any grid connected inverter connecting too quickly to a restored grid supply. Harmonics, add a separate external filter. Whole sepatate discussion..

My longer term intention is to use them off-grid in conjunction with a separate off-grid inverter for incremental sustained inverter capacity.
If you can't quantify how much they cost, it's a deal, I'll buy 5 of them for 3 lumps of rocking horse ......

Messages In This Thread
RE: Limiter inverter with RS485 load setting - by completelycharged - 07-28-2019, 03:13 PM