Council

100kwh-hunter

I need the approval of the consul to continue.....
Be honest and look close

image_jfazgp.jpg

Closer image?

100kwh-hunter said:
I need the approval of the consul to continue.....
Be honest and look close

Well, I'm certainly not on the consul and I wouldn't wait for any approval from me :)
And - sounds like congratulations are in order!!

One thing I did was added empty 4x4 battery holder next to the power lugs on each end of the pack... this protects the lugs from just 'sticking out there' and possible bumping in to things / shorting out. It also lets me set the pack vertically. And it turns out that it gave me a place to add a few cells to 'balance' the pack later.
image_hsfycv.jpg

The yellow circles look like solder joints that are either too cold (lumpy) or the wire isn't fully covered by the solder. These should be reflowed to get better contact. I couldn't clearly see the ones on the right side, so there may be more needing attention.

image_oujhzq.jpg

@ OffGridInTheCity,
Thanks.
To "balance the packs" I had a similar idea.
I am going to charge every pack up to 4 volts and discharge them with a 180w discharger.
Write those numbers down on the pack itself.
When i have completed 3 strings of 14 packs each, it is going to be easy to add up the numbers, and make a small pack to even the numbers, and connect that as a "4" string, so basically every 300 cell pack will have the same amount of amp.

But per pack i think you're idea is better and simpler.

@ Korishan,
Thanks, i am busy with it, there are indeed some wires that could use some more tin, also on the busbar.

image_yfmopg.jpg

Inpatient is written all over

Back