Are there any data loggers for basic solar chargers out there?

jon218white

Hello
I am concidering buying a basic solar charger mmpt, i dont think they come with data loggers
Wondering of anybody can reccomend a good datalogger wich i can use in conjustion with the charger if they exisist
Was concidering

Makeskyblue
MPT-7210
And the epever, i know this comes with dataloging

Just wonderd if there was a really good wifi data logging system out there

Thanks

Jonisingt35r said:
Hello
I am concidering buying a basic solar charger mmpt, i dont think they come with data loggers
Wondering of anybody can reccomend a good datalogger wich i can use in conjustion with the charger if they exisist
Thanks

Daromer has a Rpi image that can be used.Just got to get all the connections figured out.
You can always build your own. A cheap old laptop putUbuntu or any flavor of Linux on it, influxdb, and grafana.
Build a sensor system with Arduino or ESP32 and or ESP8266 that transmit your sensor data to influx and chart it using grafana.You can set the data retention to however long you want in influx etc.
Here is an example of the Visualization.

image_obqltz.jpg

image_edevsy.jpg

Wolf

That looks amazing, id like to teansmit over wifi if possible
Wondered what you thought of my charger selection, seen mixed reviews of all 3

That's all done with smoke and mirrors no just kidding.
It is all done with WiFi.
The IotaWatt module does most of the Grid and Inverter stuff

image_xqabgg.jpg

The ESP32 does the Battery Voltage and Array Voltage.

image_njokee.jpg

I'm working on another ESP32 to do the Amps.

The ESP8266 does the Atmospheric stats.

image_cimatx.jpg

All going to an old IBM Thinkpad

Wolf

Jonisingt35r said:
That looks amazing, id like to teansmit over wifi if possible
Wondered what you thought of my charger selection, seen mixed reviews of all 3

I have 3 MakeSkyBlue Charge controllers (They don't have any data logging capabilities) and I was doing everything manually in the beginning.
At some point I will be looking to upgrade the charge controllers to something a bit more sophisticated.

image_nbhtyw.jpg

I am looking into the EPEVER, OUTBACK, MIDNITE and VICTRON.

Haven't made my mind up yet.

Wolf

Thanks
Dominator system it is looks amazing.

Hi Wolf

That looks amazing, have you done a build thread on it?

chuckp said:
Hi Wolf

Thanks chuckp,

That is my Pblead acid build cant put it into the Projects cause for chemistry there is no Pb.
But for the LiIon I can and will be very soon.
Sono build thread yet but its coming so watch out. :D

I got another ~200 cells to check with the 2nd test and then the prototyping for the 2800 cell pack build will begin.
Well actually the pack prototype is in my head and some of it on paper but it needs to work in the real world. :p

Wolf

Wolf said:
chuckp said:
Hi Wolf

Thanks chuckp,

That is my Pblead acid build cant put it into the Projects cause for chemistry there is no Pb.
But for the LiIon I can and will be very soon.
Sono build thread yet but its coming so watch out. :D

I got another ~200 cells to check with the 2nd test and then the prototyping for the 2800 cell pack build will begin.
Well actually the pack prototype is in my head and some of it on paper but it needs to work in the real world. :p

Wolf

Cool I'll keep an eye open for it looks very interesting set up. On another note I've been very intrigued with all your IR work, and I've recently been looking into building a 4 wire Kelvin mOhm test meter. I have seen some reasonably cheap 4 wire testers online (YR1030 4 Wires LCD Li-ion Internal Resistance Tester Meter for Lithium Battery and similar) but I don't if they would be as accurate as the more expensive meters.

My estimated build cost at the moment is looking like it's going to be around 90-110.

chuckp said:
Cool I'll keep an eye open for it looks very interesting set up. On another note I've been very intrigued with all your IR work, and I've recently been looking into building a 4 wire Kelvin mOhm test meter. I have seen some reasonably cheap 4 wire testers online (YR1030 4 Wires LCD Li-ion Internal Resistance Tester Meter for Lithium Battery and similar) but I don't if they would be as accurate as the more expensive meters.

My estimated build cost at the moment is looking like it's going to be around 90-110.
Slightly if not majorly of the OP's topic but I will chance it :D
If the moderators would like to move this to a different spot........... be my guest. :angel:

chuckp,
I wouldn't build one unless you you want to.
Here are some excerptsfrom a review.

image_ilqhon.jpg

image_qdvbbs.jpg

He was using aKeithley DMM7510 $4000 as a reference so the YR1030 for ~$50 US its a bargain
https://lygte-info.dk/review/InternalResistanceMeterYR1030 UK.html

If you are going to get a YR1030 make sure you get one that has english firmware otherwise it may be difficult to set up the backlight.
Fortunately I have both versions so I can translate it.
The YR1030 on the rightis the english version (well that is obvious) but the YR1035 on the left is the Chinese version (again obvious)
but it has better voltage resolution so it is the one I use most often now.

image_gfjcei.jpg

image_eyixdu.jpg

The other 2 YR1030 (ER Tester and Vapecell) basedones I have are goodbut much more clumsy and small displays. The other 3 are just OK but I don't use them.

image_hctwek.jpg

Wolf

Back