Mpp pip-2424lv-msd

Jonathon88

I'm looking to purchase a pip-2424lv-msd and I want to make sure that if it is capable of feeding power back to the grid that that option can be disabled. And if it is the hybrid will it blend with the grid or switch over to grid when load is to high for inverter.

Pip is offgrid only. It cannot feed back to grid and it cannot mix grid with other except for using ac charging att same time.

Hybrid series is called mpi

I'm a bit confused on their website it seams that part numbers are similar on the split phase hybrid page it has a PDF for one that is lime green andstates that it is lv2424 I don't see any other discription of the part number. If I purchase the grid tie hybrid version and disable grid feed back will it combine it's power with the grid to power loads or will it still switch over to grid solely when it can't provide power that's in demand. Thank you for your help

It Depends. The 10kw can combine some Power . But the true combination only work on the high voltage models. The low voltage models use ac charging and its costly. You first loose 20% energy going to battery voltage and another 20 going back to ac.

Beware that you cannot disable grid feed 100% without loosing combine. Because the inverter have a floating system its either or. Yes you can kind of Disable so it doesnt sell much electricity but its not 100% off and you would need permit for the unit.

Ie the function you search for cannot legally be achieved by mpp products without using ac Charger and custom software.

That's what I was affraid of. I was also looking at the grid tie inverter with limiter but I don't know how well they limit. We have a smart meter so if one watt goes back they will know and I don't want that I'm in Georgia and it alot of trouble getting permitting and approval I have already looked at their requirements they also require you use an electrician for permitting. It seams my best option is the pip-2424lv-msd for now I was just looking at one set to 120v then later getting another one and paralleling them for 240v split phase. I have been reading that some people have issues with them staying in phase without ac present though so I don't know if that will work. Which that may not be an issue we have a fairly large ac so I'll most likely still have to have the grid for it. And just move everything else to the pump setup. I was also planning to use the water heater as a dump load we don't use much hot water and the tank will hold temp all day if I turn it off. Currently I have 5 Terra solar 245 watt panels I should have gotten one more my plan for now is set them up 2 In Series for around 80 volt open circuit and 60 under load with a 7s li-ion setup.

First of all all grid tie need permit.secondly buy a proper split phase instead of trying to couple 2 together... They Will drift within seconds when No grid is present.

I highly recommend to rethink your plan and do it the right way.... The extra cost is Long term worth it!

I went 100% off-grid with a combinationofautomatic + manual transfer switches

image_husbdk.jpg

I feed grid as 'shore power' and inverter as 'generator power' into an automatic transfer switch - which energizes whenever the inverter turns on (e.g. when there is enough solar/battery). From there it goes thru a manual transfer switch to the main house panel - which lets me choose which circuits get power from the main panel (grid) directly or thru the automatic transfer switch (grid or inverter). In other words, I can control how much 'demand' is on the automatic transfer switch by simply flipping switches on the manual transfer switch.

The key here is that I cannot produce more than the house can consume... but so far that's not an issue as I'm only producing about 30% of house consumption (9megawatts/year). By the time I get near 100%, I hope to addelectric car:)

I have the pip2424lv. It's not grid-tie capable and it is not split-phase capable. All PIPs are not grid-tie capable. So think of it as like a computer UPS, it only takes AC input to either bypass or charge the batteries. With the PIP2424lv-msd you cannot add two PIPs to get split phase.

They make a grid tie version which has a green cover that is split-phase capable. They also make a new version that was recently released that looks like two pip2424lv combined together to get split phase.

Curious if anyone has installed & permitted the LV2424 (green) unit.
Was it a pain to get OKd?
Just checking before my attempt.

Back