16s bms wiring help

Bigfillly

Hi,
I bought what I thought was a 16s bms for a battery pack Ive built, it turns out that it was from China and they sent me one that doesnt look like the pic in the listing,
can anyone help me with the wiring of it,

image_rqeztm.jpg

image_uefykz.jpg

Thanks,
Phil.

Take the plate off so we can see the silkscreen on the pcb will help drastically.

Hi KORISHAN,
Heres a few pics, hopefully there clear enough,

image_ylrhqu.jpg

image_ysxhdp.jpg

image_emhqqg.jpg

Thanks very much,
Phil.

Hello again,
Ive done some research and I think it will be wired like this

image_sbxnpq.jpg

All the wires from both plugs (apart from the black wires on the big plug) go to the positives on the batteries, I dont know why there not all in one plug and all red wires, that would make it loads easier to wire,
Is that the right way?
Thanks,
Phil.

Yup, you got it.

The reason why they aren't all the same plug is because this is a common board design to accommodate a range of configurations. It can do as little as 3s (maybe 4s) all the way up to 20s. The only thing that is different in how much of the board is populated with components. So if you wanted to change this board, you could just alter what is connected on the board.

Make sure you connect your balanced leads in order. So start with 1 and go to 14. If you have no cells in the packs when you do this, it's not an issue. But always try to power the board from the first pack first. This will help ensure you don't accidentally blow anything off the board.
I've had a bms get fried because one of the of the middle leads came loose of the bread board while i was working on it.

Thanks very much korisham,
Ill get it put on and see what it performs like, hopefully I dont fry it :-D
Thanks again for the help korishan,
Phil.

Back