LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500 - No Beeps

Hi

I just got delivery LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500, so far seems OK, few things I noticed

1. It does not beep when battery charged or test program complete
2. The internal resistence (such as they are) are not consistent from bay to bay or even in the same bay if I remove and put back.

Does it usually have a beep?

I would like to be able to turn on a beep if it is possible, nothing mentioned in the manual.

It does concern me that it is not consistent, I know these things are subjective and I think they removed the IR on latest 500s model.

Are there any tests I could do to find out if this is a fake/clone of the LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500?

Sounds like the contacts have bad, well, contact. Possibly weak springs, bad slide contactor, or bad solder job.

As far as the beep goes, I have no idea. Maybe they didn't solder a buzzer on the board.

I use the Lii500 as well.
As for internal resistance, we are talking about relatively small resistance values which are calculated by letting the cell discharge over a known resistor for a short period of time. Therefore even the resistance of clean / greasy contacts or leftover silicone or whatever else may be on the polepins of the batteries may influence the resistance measurement.

My way of making sure I get accurate values is:
Inserting cells, turning cells a few times, disconnect by pulling a bit back & re-measure. I do this primarily if i have a cell with unexpectedly high resistance. If I get the high resistance again, it might well be the cell. If it is deeper, it might be dirt / bad connection.

I didnt test if I get same measurements on all slots but I get relatively consistant values within cell-lots (most lots I get have been packs with 30 to 60 cells, so within those packs most of the time either the PCB was bad or one cell killed the pack.

Other than this I am happy with the Lii500. Mine doesn't beep though - I think they are not intendet to or we both have the same fake/defective one... didn't miss this functionality though... :)

18650 said:
Hi

I just got delivery LiitoKala Engineer Lii-500, so far seems OK, few things I noticed

1. It does not beep when battery charged or test program complete
2. The internal resistence (such as they are) are not consistent from bay to bay or even in the same bay if I remove and put back.

Does it usually have a beep?
It does not have a beep circuit.
And yes you are correct the manual does not indicate that it does.

image_jfkfat.jpg

elkooo said:
My way of making sure I get accurate values is:
Inserting cells, turning cells a few times, .....................................
I own 3 of the Liitakola Engineer Lii-500and the IR readings are very inaccurate unless you have a brand new cell and then it is marginally accurate as well.
It also struggles to measure the IR ofa low voltage cell. Also the higherthe IR of the cell the more "wrong" it is. It has a problem with overcharging batteries to 4.21 to 4.22 Volts and the mAh results are generally 3% to 5% high. Could be due to overcharging the cells.

image_nxahqt.jpg

image_ufoepk.jpg

image_zjhtsn.jpg

mike said:
The internal resistance is never accurate on any of these chargers.
Truer words where never spoken! :exclamation:
To get a "true" IR reading get a tester that is dedicated to that.
YR1030+ (English version)YR1035+ (Chinese version with high resolution voltage meter.)
Vapecell YR1030 has a smaller screen but just as good.
Wolf

Back