Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from South Africa
Hi there,

After stumbling onto the HBPowerwall channel in the beginning of July 2019, I just knew I had to have my own powerwall. After spending almost a week trying to source some batteries while binge-watching the HBPowerwall videos, I paid through my nose for the 1st 20 (to see what's its all about), paid a bit less for the next 200 and then hit the jackpot on 1400 Dell/HP/Toshiba/Acer batteries at e-waste pricing.  

Just finished my 32/20 battery charging station but hit a bit of a road block on some 'hot' red Sanyo cells.

Seem to be making progress otherwise..

Regards

ajw22 and chuckp like this post
That's one neat setup!
hschlech likes this post
Yea most of us follow that same procedure Pay out the nose then figure out the cheaper ways of doing things. Well Done and Welcome
******Hi My name is Jason and I have SOCD (Solar Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)*******
Current Powerwall - 1400 Cells 7s200p (modular 40p packs) ~ 12kWh of storage     4x 315W Canadian Solar Panels

Working on the next 7s40p packs     ~2.5kWh

Waiting on 2000 Cells of unused Sony vt4 (2000mah 30A) ~ 15kWh      hehehehehe  More Power
(08-28-2019, 04:20 PM)jdeadman Wrote: Yea most of us follow that same procedure    Pay out the nose then figure out the cheaper ways of doing things.  Well Done and Welcome
Thank you jdeadman, I have a lot of questions, but not sure how to formulate the questions yet...
No worries. Ask away Even if we don;t quite understand we will make an effort to clarify. Generally we are all layed back people (with a few exceptions lol) and are willing to help
hschlech and chuckp like this post
******Hi My name is Jason and I have SOCD (Solar Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)*******
Current Powerwall - 1400 Cells 7s200p (modular 40p packs) ~ 12kWh of storage     4x 315W Canadian Solar Panels

Working on the next 7s40p packs     ~2.5kWh

Waiting on 2000 Cells of unused Sony vt4 (2000mah 30A) ~ 15kWh      hehehehehe  More Power
Hi Hschlech

where about in South Africa are you, I am in Joburg would be great to chat
(09-25-2019, 11:59 AM)kungfubadge Wrote: Hi Hschlech

where about in South Africa are you, I am in Joburg would be great to chat
I'm in Randburg...which part of Jo'burg are you?
What a great looking setup! Welcome to the forum
Save 10% at Battery Hookup with code 'Powerwalls' Just enter it in checkout www.batteryhookup.com