Hello from Florida

AaronM

Hey folks, glad I stumbled on this community. I've been working on my own electrical projects for a long time. I'm in the process of building my first home and one of the things that I'll be doing myself after we take the keys is to install my own off-grid solar and battery storage. I've been learning a lot over the last couple of months on storage and have started to build my own small battery systems to learn how to test them, harvest cells, and more. I love to tinker with things, repair my own electronics, and building fun things from whatever materials I can find that are cheap or free.

I've taken some formal training in electronics repair and I worked in IT for 14 years until last year when I left the field to become self-employed.

My real name is Aaron

LPG said:
Cool someone else from FL. I'm in Orlando funny enough also in IT, Here's a link to my project.

https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=7743

Right on! I'm down in southern Sarasota. We're in the process of building the house now, so I've been doing a lot of testing and design work. Looking at installing a 10kw PV, grabbing a Tesla P85 battery pack and rewiring for storage, much like you're doing. As for all the middle bits, I may take a lot of inspiration from your setup as it looks really clean. I like simple setups as I don't want to manage a lot of complexity.

AaronM said:
LPG said:
Cool someone else from FL. I'm in Orlando funny enough also in IT, Here's a link to my project.

https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=7743

Right on! I'm down in southern Sarasota. We're in the process of building the house now, so I've been doing a lot of testing and design work. Looking at installing a 10kw PV, grabbing a Tesla P85 battery pack and rewiring for storage, much like you're doing. As for all the middle bits, I may take a lot of inspiration from your setup as it looks really clean. I like simple setups as I don't want to manage a lot of complexity.

Welcome Aaron,

I am in Melbourne, FL, and I don't have a link to my project yet, but it is on my must do list. I am building a hybrid dual console/ski boat, and am planning on using my reclaimed batteries for the "house loads" as well as the motor battery bank. Korishan one of the moderators is also from Florida.

-Ryan "Rip" Lash

Welcome :)

Back