On the hunt for a 5kw hybrid solar inverter which one to get?

jon218white

Hello
May be needing one soonish, wonder if someone could reccomend a good one, been looking at the maximin solar ones
Im a sucker for nice colours and nice designs and low prices, but id like one that actually works and works for a long time, seen some have a 5 year warranty.

The maximin ones do look Nicely priced. Im guessing they are in between low to middle price range?

Been told fronius is arguably the best there is and looks expensive.

Or maby someone has one they wish to sell im in the uk cornwall. Might need 2 maby 3.
Thanks

First of all, never heard of "maximin solar". Do you have a link to that one?

Second: I just bought a MPI Hybrid 5K:

image_pfifjv.jpg

image_aqtlwv.jpg

You can easy parallel more of them in 1 or 3 phase setup. Here is an example of a guy in the Czech Republic thatparalleled 3 of them in a 1 phase setup.

Sorry i Ment mpp solar, the one you have do they have a good reputation ?

Just beware of that the hybrid versions need 80w per phase in idle consumption and have an efficiency from battery at around 80-85%.

So for instance for the 2phase version it would consume 6kwh/day just in idle consumption ;)
With that said you also only have 1 year warranty.

I run them myself but would rather go something more expensive if I had the money at the start. I would like mys system to last 10+ years. Thats not something MPP is designed for with 1 year warranty....

Hello darmer knowing what you know now, what would you get then ? ? thats a pretty poor efficiency
Id be really interested in one certified to feed into grid, im sure much more exp3nsive
Do the mpp have a comprehensive user interface?

MPP is cheap of a reason. If you have 3-4x the money you would get an Victron system or other that most likely is compliant and with better guarantee :)

i dont understand what parallel means, does it mean this mean if 2 inverters paraleled up, they are sync'ed and you get double the current?

Jonisingt35r: Corrent They work in sync with each other with a link between them syncing output.

Jonisingt35r said:
i dont understand what parallel means, does it mean this mean if 2 inverters paraleled up, they are sync'ed and you get double the current?
Yes indeed you can get double power when you sync 2 inverters on the same phase, lets say L1. You can also let the second inverter run in sync with L2 and have 2 phase or with a third inverter all three phases. You can even use loads that need 2 phases 400V, maybe your cooking stove or so.

ok i see so both sinewaves are the same.

RikH said:
First of all, never heard of "maximin solar". Do you have a link to that one?

Second: I just bought a MPI Hybrid 5K:

image_pfifjv.jpg

image_aqtlwv.jpg

You can easy parallel more of them in 1 or 3 phase setup. Here is an example of a guy in the Czech Republic thatparalleled 3 of them in a 1 phase setup.

Hi, Where you buy it ?
its a good thing for me to :D

Rikh,
Its looking good.
How does it connect, and how does it perform?
Oke we have the same depressing weather, but can you give (me) us some more data?

Back