Twisted busbar for 3s 11.1V 45A

saffire21

Hello,

I'm building 3s20p 18650 11.1V 70Ah battery for my trolling motor. I planned to use 3x2,5mm2 twisted busbars with AS150 connectors at the ends, but I'm not sure if that will handle 45A of continuous load. What do you think? The battery will be enclosed in water/dust proof case, so there will be no air movement.

image_mzwilc.jpg

The bussbar will be fine, but more twists would do no harm - you'll be working those cells hard, so consider wiring the +/- correctly.

image_czrlma.jpg

Sean said:
The bussbar will be fine, but more twists would do no harm - you'll be working those cells hard, so consider wiring the +/- correctly.

image_czrlma.jpg

That's why I connect + and - wires diagagonally to prevent that, similarlyto this picture:

image_kdkgrj.jpg

I might have some leftover 4mm2, so I'll probably twist 3x4mm2 just to be sure, thanks.

Just a personal thing but when running high current wires i make both the +ve and -ve the same length as to keep the same resistance. Even if its a few feet.

At 3s20p like on your picture you'll need over 1.2m of busbars. For 12V 45A at 12mm^2 copper (not taking into account crimping resistances and wirring cell-busbar!) You will lost 7.5W on heat

Back