Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUYING] wanted 1 tonne laptop packs.
hello
just put in an oferr for some land and im planning to go off grid so i need lots and lots of 18650s, plan to build 3 large 14s pafcks, id rather process my own cells rather than buying other peoples.

wonder if anybody know where to buy scrap laptop packs from at bulk it a tonne? in the uk?
Battery is li iron using 18650s, 14s, 0p, and growing cell so far 300, untesteded.
Bms is a diy open source by stuartpittaway.
No solar yet, 
Building wind turbine, 48v im after a 48v motor if anybody has one for sale.
Cells 2000 to 2500ma.
Cells 1500 to 2000ma.
Cells 1000 to 1500ma.
That's a tall order. Good luck with that
100kwh-hunter likes this post
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
I contacted my State E-Cycle Program and I was able to buy scrap laptop batteries from a bulk recycling processor in my area. I initially purchased 200 lbs and they received new quantities each month.
Seattle, USA
Currently processing 2000+ 18650 cells...
I would consider buying larger format cells instead and since you going to build house go for LiFePo4 or equal in larger format.

Neither less I dont have anything to add and hope you get what you look for!
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 83kWh LiFePo4 | 10kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh | Automatic trip breakers, and alot more
@Sleonard2649
UK or USA is quite a distance to swim?
I have troubles to get there also from what OP wants....It will take a loooong time.
Daromer give him a right answer, i am in the same situation, but i am almost done (yeah right) with my house.

@Jonisingt35r

Chase your dream boy...don't give up and live like a millionaire, dreams CAN come true.....
Hi,
It would be possible to get You one tonne Smile Or maybe You simply would preffer processed cells tested measured etc?