Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUYING] wanted 1 tonne laptop packs.
hello
just put in an oferr for some land and im planning to go off grid so i need lots and lots of 18650s, plan to build 3 large 14s pafcks, id rather process my own cells rather than buying other peoples.

wonder if anybody know where to buy scrap laptop packs from at bulk it a tonne? in the uk?
Battery is li iron using 18650s, 14s, 0p, and growing cell so far 1000ish, untesteded.
Bms chinese bluetooth
No solar yet, very soon, looking to buy panels if anyone has any?
That's a tall order. Good luck with that
100kwh-hunter likes this post
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
I contacted my State E-Cycle Program and I was able to buy scrap laptop batteries from a bulk recycling processor in my area. I initially purchased 200 lbs and they received new quantities each month.
Seattle, USA
14S120P 48V battery - Magnum PAE4048 inverter/charger - MidNite Solar Kid MPPT - 1.4KW Solaria panels
I would consider buying larger format cells instead and since you going to build house go for LiFePo4 or equal in larger format.

Neither less I dont have anything to add and hope you get what you look for!
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
@Sleonard2649
UK or USA is quite a distance to swim?
I have troubles to get there also from what OP wants....It will take a loooong time.
Daromer give him a right answer, i am in the same situation, but i am almost done (yeah right) with my house.

@Jonisingt35r

Chase your dream boy...don't give up and live like a millionaire, dreams CAN come true.....
Hi,
It would be possible to get You one tonne Smile Or maybe You simply would preffer processed cells tested measured etc?