Best 1S charger?

Iker138

Hello to all. I have a 5v solar panel. I want to charge a 4,2v battery pack (20 in paralel). I was using the tp4056 but i think that isnt safe anf very chineese. Did you know another 1s charger with 5v input voltaje? Thank to all!

TP5100 can take 5V - 12V inputs. There's also the Opus, Liitokala, and a few others.

Don't expect to charge cells with that solar panel w/o having something in between, like a charge controller and a secondary battery or large capacitor bank. That panel will not be able to handle more than a few cell chargers, and then only with direct sun w/o shading (clouds/birds/planes).

Each cell being charged could be up to 1A of current draw. And most chargers, if the input power dips too low, they'll shut off or give an error.

Please make sure to post your threads in the proper location. I've moved this thread out of Powerwall section as this is not a powerwall build/project thread

Something to keep in mind with the TP5100 (not sure if applies to the TP4056) Changing the input voltage will slightly adjust the final charge voltage.
Still best to use 5-7V as any higher can result in too high of a final charge ... i.e. 4.21V

Back