Quote button

Cap'n Bogbrush

Thought I'd post here and see if my settings are the problem or if there's summat else going on: I wanted to quote someone (does it matter who?) but clicking the quote button did precisely nothing :(

Cap\ said:
Thought I'd post here and see if my settings are the problem or if there's summat else going on: I wanted to quote someone (does it matter who?) but clicking the quote button did precisely nothing :(

It's a user issue ....

Sean said:
Cap\ said:

It's a user issue ....

Nah.

Click and an additional bar appears and this need to be selected, so quote is a 2 click process (amazon would be proud)

completelycharged said:
Sean said:
Cap\ said:

It's a user issue ....

Nah.

Click and an additional bar appears and this need to be selected, so quote is a 2 click process (amazon would be proud)

I was about to post: I wonder if it's a browser issue? I'm not seeing anything happen when I click the quote button, even if I wait for the tooltip to appear.

Then I scrolled down slightly and saw the quote bar at the bottom of the QR box

Who designs UIs like that???

Thanks both...

Chrome on Andriod - click the quote button under the post you want to quote, then click new reply.

As Sean mentioned, the quote button is intended to be used with New Reply. It is most useful when you want to quote multiple posts at once. If you're simply replying to one single post and want to quote it, it's best to hit the Reply button on the desired post, which will take you to an editor with the quote pre-populated.

Maybe this will help:

image_zkvbby.jpg

Maybe mike could have it add a button next to "Post Reply" instead of being inline text (?) ;)

Back