Valence Power U-Charge P30-36C (LiFEPO4)

amerrigan

Been offered some Valence Power U-Charge P30-36C (LiFEPO4 36v 30ah) units relatively cheap here in the UK and am considering buying, wondering if anyone has heard or used these units before?

image_dbusps.jpg

It seems to be an older model and no information available on https://lithiumwerks.com (the manufacturers) website, my scratching about for info:

Contains 144 x 26650 LiFEPo4 cells (12s12p)
Inbuilt BMS system (connects to Valence monitoring software via relatively easy to make USB adaptor)
Rated 38.4v 1152Wh
Max input 43.8v
About 18Kg each

Hopefully someone here knows more than me on these, guessing other than wacking the right voltage in via a proper Lithium charging circuit there's no special requirements?

Valence is good stuff. I have 100kWh of them. Just be sure of if you can use the built in BMS or not. Some models need external controller and mine did. Expensive like crap to get hold off.

I swapped out my bms

Seller is asking 100 a unit and most still have about 80% life left, hopefully my maths isn't off:

Avg number of "good" cycles for LifePO4 = 5000; 80% = about 4000
1100Wh over 4000 cycles = 4,400,000Wh (4,400KWh)
100 / 4,400KWh = 0.022KWh

Seeing as I'm paying about 0.145KWh via supplier, I'm guessing these packs are a bargain?

You dont get 100% capacity per cycle. More like 60% or so. Of you plan for 5k cycles. Also note that capacity degradera every cycle ;)

A big issue would be to figure out what works with 36V. Most solar equipment are 24/48V. You may find yourself with limited choices for 36V.

amerrigan said:
not2bme said:
A big issue would be to figure out what works with 36V. Most solar equipment are 24/48V. You may find yourself with limited choices for 36V.

Cells could always be repacked 8s for 24V I guess.

Have you opened one of the packs to see how they are assembled? If not you might want to see if they're easy to reconfigure first, otherwise it could be spotwelded together, and/or glued together, etc. Those BAE-200 packs mentioned elsewhere on this forum are one that you don't want to touch since they're almost impossible to take apart.

not2bme said:
amerrigan said:
not2bme said:

Cells could always be repacked 8s for 24V I guess.

Have you opened one of the packs to see how they are assembled? If not you might want to see if they're easy to reconfigure first, otherwise it could be spotwelded together, and/or glued together, etc. Those BAE-200 packs mentioned elsewhere on this forum are one that you don't want to touch since they're almost impossible to take apart.

Seem to be spot welded in 12S12P in a single slab, drops right out of the caddy from what I've read/found.

image_jihokn.jpg

Back