Thoughts on these cells?

AndrewGcAu

Hey guyswhat are your thoughts on these cells. ive had no luck aquireing many used or worthy cheap cells and going to be getting a bunch off alibaba id say. aiming for a 20Kwh build.
ht*ps://baiguan-battery.en.alibaba.com/product/60613672263-804607294/FST_3_6V_18650_2400mAh_24EB_1000_Times_Deep_Cycle_Lithium_Battery_E_Bike_for_Packing.html?spm=a2700.8304367.0.0.kJsTgN

replace the * with another t for the web address

I can't get your link to work?

Looks good, for the initial cost. The biggest problem will be import fees. Your responsible for those. I had thought about going that route as well, for some other gear, and when I started looking into it, the cost of the import fees was making it not worth it in "my" volume of import.
If you're going to buy 1000's or more at a time, it might make it worth it. Import fees to the USA started at $300 or so. I never really could get a solid answer on how much it'd cost as it determines one which port and state and myriad of other variables as to how much the final cost will be. I think you maybe even have to pay import fee if it stops at a foreign dock (tho I'm not sure on this part 100%).
Maybe you'll have better luck with getting the information.

Are you in Australia? I tend to agree that the postage and import fees will really add to the cost. Still it is worth crunching the numbers

I did a quick estimate, and the prices aren't too bad.

Here's the saved summary:
https://www.dutycalculator.com/new-...on/saved_calculations/view_details/233924129/

Total customs value (FOB): US$1000.00
This is the amount that customs values your import at
- Duty:US$34.00
- Merchandise Processing Fee:US$2.00
Total import duty & taxes due:US$36.00
This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
- Product, shipping & insurance:US$1110.00
Total landed cost:US$1146.00

I know some of the pricing will need to be adjusted, such as shipping costs and insurance, but it gives a rough idea as to what costs would be like to the USA, at least to Florida, from Hong Kong.

Make sure you have all your numbers needed up front to get an accurate quote. I went back to do an adjustment to get pricing from China, and you can only get 1 free quoting. Altho, if you use a proxy, you could probably trick it and get more free quotes.

Back