Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G'day Crew
G'day Crew,

I live in the Spencer Gulf region of South Australia. I am currently in a fair bit of research in to building 12 volt battery packs which range from powering my fathers mobility scooter to camper trailers/caravans.. etc... Came across links to this forum when watching HBPowerwall videos and others going at it which has now got me to thinking about powerwall builds. So much to learn!
Anyways... G'day to all near, and far and all the best to you.
Welcome!

New York City native here. I’m also new to SLS and trying to absorb as much as I can before diving into building a powerwall. Batteries I know a few things about but very little about solar and sizing powerwall installations. There is some great info here!
Zennen likes this post
I only have about 400 cells gathered so far but I do have a bit of gear I use for my day job and cell testing: https://imgur.com/a/x1Jzhx5
(10-13-2019, 02:10 AM)BatteryMooch Wrote: Welcome!

New York City native here. I’m also new to SLS and trying to absorb as much as I can before diving into building a powerwall. Batteries I know a few things about but very little about solar and sizing powerwall installations. There is some great info here!

Cheers mate!

You're not kidding about the amount info here! I'm in the mere basics stage of battery power, mostly with on vehicle dual battery setups for power supplies when camping. My interest started rising when Tesla built a 100 megawatt battery (Jamestown, South Australia) which isn't far from where I live. Had a chance to speak to a few of the lads working on that project... started to make a lot of sense for me to look into home storage.
BatteryMooch likes this post
Welcome to the forum I'm from the UK.

You'll find a ton of good advice and some great guy's 'n' girls in here.

If you haven't already, check out the FAQ's there's some very useful information in them.
Have a fun time with your builds.
Zennen likes this post
UK Southwest.

7 kWp Solar Panels (28 x 250Wp Shinetime Mono).
14 X APS YC500i Micro Inverters.
28 X 40P 18650 cell packs/modules configured as 14S 80P.
Sofar Mass Energy ME3000SP AC coupled charger/inverter.
Still sourcing and processing cells for powerwall.
(10-13-2019, 12:54 PM)chuckp Wrote: Welcome to the forum I'm from the UK.

You'll find a ton of good advice and some great guy's 'n' girls in here.

If you haven't already, check out the FAQ's there's some very useful information in them.
Have a fun time with your builds.

Cheers mate!