Nickel Strip with Cell Level Fusing

Looks interesting.

Could be an issue if I needed to swap out one rouge cell though.
Looks like it would be a full strip down of the pack.

But still a very interesting option that may be worth perusing on next pack builds.
Be interesting to see your comments @Mike when you've tried it.

chuckp said:
Looks interesting.

Could be an issue if I needed to swap out one rouge cell though.
Looks like it would be a full strip down of the pack.
I had the same thought, but then figured you would only use this on the positive side and if a cell needs replacing, you would push it out the other side?
Then spotweld a new fuse with its surround into place.

Oz18650 said:
I had the same thought, but then figured you would only use this on the positive side and if a cell needs replacing, you would push it out the other side?

True, but i think both sides would be better for the pack aesthetics

Also if going to the effort of making my busbars for one side I might as well just do both sides the same.
Would be great if they could make one specifically for the negative end with a wider opening.

If you need to change a cell, putting some small cuts in the edge of the circle and bending tabs out with pliers would probably work.
I think these might work really well for people.

Generic said:
I give it two months before China copies this and sells it as a nickel-plated steel version at 2 cents per cell.

Probably already punching them out. :mad:

mine has arrived, but didn't think about how to cut the sections, in my case 8 cells long. I'm guessing tin snips but any other ideas?

chuckp said:
Oz18650 said:

Also if going to the effort of making my busbars for one side I might as well just do both sides the same.
Would be great if they could make one specifically for the negative end with a wider opening.

You know you are a battery enthusiast when pack aesthetics become a thing lol.

CrimpDaddy said:
chuckp said:

You know you are a battery enthusiast when pack aesthetics become a thing lol.

I think it's more like OCD rather than enthusiasm or maybe it could be a little of both! LoL

I emailed batteryhookup twice last week asking if these are pure nickel and what thickness. No response. Anyone know?

Back