Hello

neill121

Hi,

I thought I would just say hello, introduce myself and to pass on my thanks to everyone for your inspiration and passion to create some good from old batteries.

I have been collecting data on my own home energy usage using a home made (nodemcu based) system and have been harvesting 18650 cells for a number of years with the goal of eventually powering my entire home from battery and solar.

Im finally ready to start building and testing a small powerwall. I have decided to use DIYBMS as I love projects where I can get hands on. Ive created functional circuits and minor electronics projects of my own for most of my life but I have never ordered PCBs or worked with SMD devices so I am particularly looking forward to this build.

My goal is to build a 14s60p powerwall, I intend to start small and build it modular in 20p packs.

Ive ordered enough PCBs and components to make 20DIYBMS v4 boards and 2 control boards (spares for testing), Ill share some pictures when Ive completed my first few packs and boards.

First step: build 14s20p (cells ready), BMS, 600w solar (already up), PCM60x, GTIL2.

Long term I plan to install (edit: the electrician) an Outback Radian and build from theirto hopefully gain grid independence.

thanks
Neil.

Back