Learning how to draw digital

100kwh-hunter

I am going to put this simple:
My programming skills are left back in the early 80, you know basic gw basic c basic, that's it.
I can for my company use xls words and ect.
But i see very slick drawings of cells for every format and configuration.
How do you do that...!?!?!?!?!?!??????
Is there someone that want to take the time and afford to learn it to me?

Thanks in advance.

What drawings? Paint? Visio? Other?

Show us example.

Like this?

image_nxozuj.jpg

Or this?

image_unmywf.jpg

fusion360 or Sketchup is 2 things you can start with. Both are free but demands hours and hours of work from your side to learn it.

I use Fusion 360 as example

Your first biggest decision is whether you want to draw in 2D or 3D. That will dictate the type of software to look for.
If it's 2D do you want pixel or vector based.
If It's 3D do you want it for visual effect only or solid modelling that can be used to manufacture or 3D print the results.

edit:
Oh and also how much time and effort you want to put into learning it, as generally the more capable a package is, the harder it is to master.

Youtube is your best friend. I learnt how to draw in 3D in a weekend by watching all the videos on it. It's all about making squares and circles and extruding. Also some models are already there, such as those cell holders. You can download them from various places such as grabcad. Now you're not going to be a professional animator for pixar in a weekend but to make some easy 3d drafts for measurements it's quite possible to learn quickly. I used it extensively to figure out the materials and quantity of wood needed to build my outhouse and solar rack. Quite useful!

image_erwqmv.jpg

I've used TinkerCad and it's fairly easy to learn. The learning curve is short, at least for me. The advantages for it is if you want to do work on it in different locations, the data is stores on their local servers and you can access from anywhere. (not sure about fusion360).

fusion360 and sketchup can store online to. Same as most do today.

Wow ask a wizard's advice, learn sorcery. :D
Just some simple 2d, for my own use and to get my feet a little wet, for fun and this site

With drawing by hand i can create entire buildings, furniture ect in 2d and 3d incl part list and "the wood to cut list"
Calculate practically every thing of the building.By hand paper and brain.
But with a program i would be helpless.

So i just want to keep it simple: :blush:

image_xvmdds.jpg

Something like this in the link.
Also would be nice to extend it a little, add some electronics or different shapes of cells, cables ect, something like analog eletronic workbenchand dewb(those programs can not accept ega or higher :Dif still exist)

Thanks in advance

Simple Visio or any online flow chart or Visio like tools do that

I use Visio since i have it paid

Inkscape has some potential for me.
Easy and friendly in use and free.

I was playing with it, only need to figure out how to color some lines.
Every line you draw starts in the selected color and then becomes green.

I will give this one a serious try, thanks

Good for you! I love it when people are willing to learn instead of just write off new technology. I've easily spent hundred of hours this year learning software. Lately it has been adobe illustrator to do graphic design work for laser cutting. It just takes consistency and time. Keep up the good work!

@gpn.
Yes you must keep up with technology, or else we would still be walking in animal skins... :D
Or programming in basic.

Thanks for the encouragement btw, and thanks to all!!forthe links/names of those programs...

BUT don't touch :mad: my "at 386 desktop" with the original lode runner (brotherbond) and gw basics on it(runs under dos 3.1).
:mad:dont :mad:

Stupid game from 1981 :angel:

But i will be back if i have some questions if that is oke.

Thanks

Back