Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMS in LG CHEM ESS modules
Does anyone know a way to talk to these? If not any idea what kind of connection this is? These are the ones battery hookup had a few weeks ago.
Thanks,
Will

If those are the 9.6 khw ones, I just got them. I was told on another forum that the way to communicate with the BMS is by using an RJ48 connector to connect to the CAN H and CAN L inputs on the inverter.
They are the 9.6kwh. There is no RJ48 on them that I can find. There is a pair of 8 pin connector's on the front though. If you have any other info or could PM me a link I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Will

Ok. Another user from Australia provided me that info in another forum and also sent me a couple of picks. I will check first and also take a look at mine this weekend and then PM you.
w0ss likes this post
FYI - The guy i chatted with had the smaller (6.3kwh i think) version with the rj48 cable connection on the front. I have the larger version like you do and am still trying to figure out how to connect/access the BMS. I will let you know if I get anything figured out.
w0ss likes this post
Ok, thanks for the info. I bought a connector on digikey that I need to verify it fits. If it does. I will just make a converter board to turn it into a JST connector. All this is assuming I can't figure out the BMS
OK Please let me know if you have any success.