Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wind energy.
A couple of months go, i wanted some energy from the windt.
A lot of knowledgeable people around here, advised me to don't do it.
It was about some aliexpress windmill.

The idea of a windmill/turbine on my roof or field was still playing in my head.
I live in a country side place with lots of open space, and decided to continue on my search...

I found this article on somewhat more expensive and better wind turbines.
Hope this is interesting for people that want to play with the same idea.
I am somewhat cured, every extra cent is going to my solar and pw stuff

https://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2009/04/...sults.html

Hope this is a pleasant reading.

Btw "Zeeland" is one of our most windy province, second i thought, "Noord-Holland" the first i thought.
ajw22 likes this post
I'd suggest looking at VAWT. I personal am though it needs planning permission so it got push to the last leg.

I've seen decent 450W / 600W VAWTs on eBay and aliexpress.

Depends on what you want though.. For higher stronger directional wind (not residential) you could look at Hawt mounted on pole.
"Selling everything at marketplace."

Wat is dat nou?

Why is that?
(11-22-2019, 09:57 PM)RikH Wrote: "Selling everything at marketplace."

Wat is dat nou?

Why is that?

Marketplace link on the main page.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
@ Korishan.
No offence was taken or giving.
In our slang: wat is dat nou.
Would rufly, freely translated into: Whaaat are you doing?!?!.

Rikh also lives in Noord Holland, means he could be a "west fries".
For me that justivices that comment. It is in our slang, he did not mean something bad, but is curious why i stop with 18650 hobby, after so much trouble and almost completed 50%
To give him my answer, the sad reality:

@Rikh,
I had a visit from a caviar hunter in my garden, just after i left for work.
Wasn't a pleasant homecoming.
The fish in my profile picture was killed for the kaviar...i had that fish for over 25 years.
Its not the first time, so we decided to close the pond, and the fishes are going to the zoo, Amsterdam or zandvoort or beverwijk.
With out the security system and pond we use only ~2kwh a day.
Time for this is also a important factor.
For an (diy) ev and or heating we need a totally different system.
But i agree, pm would be better.

I am not quitting on this forum,btw
Best

Back to topic:
At hermitdave,
I don't know the exact laws on this subject around here.
But if you don't "pollute" the horizon view, it would be ok to put one in your back garden of max 7 meters in height.
When we have no sun we have windt, probably the same weather in the uk.

But i will look on your suggestions for sure
Hahah, I wasn't thinking it was offensive. I thought he had bad english and was asking "what is that at?" or something of the sort. that's why I replied what I did Wink
But fair enough. Each country has their own slang, whether it's in english or their own. No worries. Thanks for the lingo lesson tho Smile
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
(11-24-2019, 06:50 PM)100kwh-hunter Wrote: Back to topic:
At hermitdave,
I don't know the exact laws on this subject around here.
But if you don't "pollute" the horizon view, it would be ok to put one in your back garden of max 7 meters in height.
When we have no sun we have windt, probably the same weather in the uk.

But i will look on your suggestions for sure

In UK under permitted development, detached houses can have wind turbine installed (height restrictions apply) on pole and on the building itself.

I love in a semi detached house though having had a chat with planning officer, he really wants me to have a go. First of any renewable does not planning permission. So I'm looking at
Heat pump / solar first.
Sorry i don't want to be a party pooper.
Heat pump...waist of time and money...go with solar, you will find out.
I have to disagree re heat pump being a waste of time&money. In the long run they win by miles compared to other types of electrical heating. Just make sure to get a proper sized one. And if you live in snow/freeze prone areas, oversize it and place it under some sort of shelter.
Modular PowerShelf using 3D printed packs.  60kWh and growing.
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=6458
(11-26-2019, 11:10 PM)ajw22 Wrote: I have to disagree re heat pump being a waste of time&money. In the long run they win by miles compared to other types of electrical heating. Just make sure to get a proper sized one. And if you live in snow/freeze prone areas, oversize it and place it under some sort of shelter.

The gas grid informed me that meter will need to be moved as current regulations do not allow it to be in enclosed box within storage room. I was told by gas engineers that they charge around £2500.

I'd go with 12kW heatpump as they use approx 3 / 4 kW electric. Not only will I cut greenhouse emissions, i can power it with solar