Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wind energy.
(12-01-2019, 01:48 AM)Korishan Wrote: Another thing that keeps them from working during winter is if it's too cold. If the heat isn't ample enough to be captured, then it can't be transferred inside. The colder it is outside, the harder it is to get heat to transfer inside.
Agreed with making sure the outside unit not be covered in snow. It needs air flow to work properly.

I think the boiling point is the refrigerant is - 26C and the units should work well at least - 10C or so. They become inefficient is you push for higher temperatures. If one is used to hot radiators in winter, one would be in for a shock as heatpump units run efficiently at 35C output

The air source units need good flow of air. If air is too cold to extract heat, then it will stop working - eg. putting it in lot will turn it into cold room and heat output will stop.
So that airco i have is a very good one. its also for heating.
I will leave the outside unit on the south, thanks for the good info.

But if the air is to cold outside to warm it up inside( i get the rule of 3 is taking out and one is putting in) why not combine them with evac tubes?
Or is this a stupid thought?
Anything under 2kW forget about.... cost per kWh output is high and output low unless your in a storm and you would then more likely have to turn it off (turn out of the wind or physically stop the blades)

Anything self furling high rpm.... forget about, noise can be high and very directional, any turbulance interrupts the power output disproportionately. Try sleeping nearby one of them and it's like sleeping in the middle of an angry wasp nest. I say this as the 700W Ista Breeze outside in 30-45mph winds I can actually feel the floor buzzing above about 600W output (ok blades might be slightly out of balance) as it gust over 900W.

Todays wind output (4.4kWh at 9pm) is higher than the previous two weeks put together.... that said, best day solar output was 3.8kWh (just past 57 degrees north) and that is with 3kW of solar, although not ideal position or angle.

If you have the space and your neighbours are a long way from you (1 mile to nearest for me) install an annoying wasp nest or a wind turbine....

Another one to imagine...... 745W is roughly 1 horse power...... now imagine your 700W turbine with a horse attached to it on a long rope pulling the mast and watch it flex...
100kwh-hunter likes this post
If you can't quantify how much they cost, it's a deal, I'll buy 5 of them for 3 lumps of rocking horse ......
(12-03-2019, 10:34 PM)completelycharged Wrote: Anything under 2kW forget about.... cost per kWh output is high and output low unless your in a storm and you would then more likely have to turn it off (turn out of the wind or physically stop the blades)

Anything self furling high rpm.... forget about, noise can be high and very directional, any turbulance interrupts the power output disproportionately. Try sleeping nearby one of them and it's like sleeping in the middle of an angry wasp nest. I say this as the 700W Ista Breeze outside in 30-45mph winds I can actually feel the floor buzzing above about 600W output (ok blades might be slightly out of balance) as it gust over 900W.

Todays wind output (4.4kWh at 9pm) is higher than the previous two weeks put together.... that said, best day solar output was 3.8kWh (just past 57 degrees north) and that is with 3kW of solar, although not ideal position or angle.

If you have the space and your neighbours are a long way from you (1 mile to nearest for me) install an annoying wasp nest or a wind turbine....

Another one to imagine...... 745W is roughly 1 horse power...... now imagine your 700W turbine with a horse attached to it on a long rope pulling the mast and watch it flex...

That's where VAWTs come in. They are nearly silent and do not require directional wind.
Korishan and 100kwh-hunter like this post